Newbie from Ohio

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Newbie from Ohio

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jun 2009, 09:15

I'm sure you'll be eating Mexican again soon, Tracey! Sooner than you think!
Deleted User 5

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 20 Jun 2009, 16:41

Tracy
Do you mind sharing the Fiber One Apple Cinn muffin recipe.............that sounds up my alley!!!
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Started back exercising.......

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 21 Jun 2009, 17:24

This week proved to be a pretty good week compared to prior weeks, so I decided to start back on my elliptical machine. I try to do 30 minutes every day (in the morning before work so it is done!), and with all the butt pain I had gone off the wagon for several weeks.
I know I may be stating the obvious, but my bowels are better when I exercise (also drinking plenty of water of course). I noticed when I was not exercising, but still drinking plenty of water and getting fiber, my bowels were a little less regular (occasionally I would go a day without a bowel). When I exercise, it just makes things more consistent. Not to mention mentally, I always feel better and have more energy on the days I get up and exercise before work.
The elliptical machine, your legs are apart far enough that nothing is rubbing, so I think it is probably a good machine to use for the fissure problems. It just feels good to start the routine again.................
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 06:45

Hey Cathy,
It's not a recipe, you can buy it at the store where the other muffin mixes are. They have apple cinnamon and banana nut kinds...I usually get it at Wal Mart.
I think you are right about the exercise too...I feel better all around when I have been walking, etc.

thanks

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 22 Jun 2009, 08:46

Thanks for the scoop on the muffins, we have a Walmart very close to where I work so I am going there at lunch..............have a good day Tracy!
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 08:50

I am trying! I think I tore a little last night so am trying to not be too concerned.
Does the stool softener work for you?

hey

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 22 Jun 2009, 09:43

Tracy
It normally does work, along with the Benfibre, etc.
I am having a little anxiety (did not have a bm yesterday but I did not eat a ton)
So I am hoping not to be sore..........................sorry to hear about your issue.
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 09:46

I go every other day sometimes too. It usually is no big deal but I understand the anxiety. If you are not eating a lot then you might not be as regular. Do you usually go in the mornings? When do you take the softener?

Postby Cathy in Ohio » 22 Jun 2009, 09:55

I take the softener at night. before bed.
Cathy in Ohio
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2009, 12:36

If you decide to use the dulcolace, Tracey, you can use it twice a day, I generally took mine shortly after lunch and then at night. It is quite safe for long term use and very mild...
Deleted User 5