Losing my hope........HELP

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Losing my hope........HELP

Postby manduh01 » 11 Jul 2009, 14:10

I am seeking some advise. I had my gallbladder out 7 months ago every since i have had a AF. I have seen a surgeon who wants to do the Botox but i am so scared because of things i have read. I have tried laxatives, stool softners, creams, proctofoam, baths, and nothing seems to help heal this. I have done increase in fiber, tons or water, lots of veggies and fruits and still my BM are hard as a rock. I do not know what to do anymore, or if i should see another doctor and if so what kind. I know lots of you have had worse and most of the day i feel okay its just when i have a BM. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
manduh01
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Losing my hope........HELP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jul 2009, 06:58

Manduh, what stool softeners have you tried? Milk of Magnesia can really do the job when others don't seem to to be helping.
Also, try eating only soft-cooked foods and avoid red meat as much as possible. Yogurt, applesauce, and foods like that should help.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 13 Jul 2009, 09:14

Do not give up until you have tried Miralax/Movicol. My mother is also using it now as she is recovering from her hysterectomy, and she think it is marvelous!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pinky » 14 Jul 2009, 15:58

Manduh,which stool softener and how much are you taking everyday?yours stools shud be soft.seems like you are very stressed out and thats probably causing the hard stools.
I take movicol and magnesium everyday.Movicol is a good stool softener.
Dont be scared of the botox.wat are you scared of?i had a shot of botox but it didnt help me.quite a few here have had botox shots.
do keep us posted
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby manduh01 » 14 Jul 2009, 20:04

I was told by a friend to the Miralax and so far its working. I have read things where people had the botox and had leaky bowels. I do not want that at all. My job is one that something like that would hinder not to mention be embrassing. This is my first fissure ever will it ever go away and if so whats the likely hood they come back. Thanks everyone for all your help. This was one place i knew i could go to get anwsers with out someone rolling their eyes or not understanding what i am going thru. You all have been helpfull.
manduh01
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jul 2009, 10:48

Those are two hard if not impossible questions to answer. I wish I could tell you it will heal on it's on, and sometimes they do. Maybe even in most cases they do. Just remember, that the longer you have the symptoms, the less likely it will be to heal.
And will it come back, well, yes it sure can. But if it heals completely and a year or so passes, then you would probably only get another one if the same conditions occur that caused the first one -- in other words, you may be more susceptible to them and if you have a large hard BM, or severe diarrhea, then it could potentially return.
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 15 Jul 2009, 13:09

Manduh,the leaking will not last forever with botox.it will stop once the botox wears off.It may not even happen to u.But it is ur choice.

Kim has answered ur questions and i cant add anything new.Hope u heal soon
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby manduh01 » 17 Jul 2009, 12:31

Thanks everyone for all your help. You guys are amazing and help lift a load of stress off my shoulders.
manduh01
Fibre Addict

Postby Peachy724 » 02 Aug 2009, 04:31

Manduh, just wAnted to say I had Botox three weeks ago with no leaking or side effect, I don't want to dishearten but it also didn't do much for the pain so I feel it just wasted my time and theirs but you never know, you might be lucky and it fixes you, go for it, you have nothing to lose :) xxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

braveing the storm

Postby manduh01 » 01 Sep 2009, 21:31

Finally, my appointment with the crs has arrived. I am not sure i am ready to hear the outcome of the severity of my problem but i am ready to get some anwsers. Thanks to everyone i have less fear of going and more hope of getting well, or comfortable somewhat.
manduh01
Fibre Addict