Juney...don't give up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Juney...don't give up

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Sep 2009, 10:51

Well, it wasn't a happy "anniversary," and I know your life gets so bleak at times Juney. Wish there was something I knew to say but I am happy you came back to vent with us.
There has to be an explanation and a treatment for you! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 17 Sep 2009, 12:42

thanks tab and kim. i'm just tired of hurting :( there has to be a dr that can help. i ordered the "fissureheal" suppositories and i'll try those for awhile in the meantime.

i tried stopping miralax the past 2 days thinking it was making things too runny and i had a brick of a BM today. no blood thank god but that sore freshly torn feeling again. it's just never ending. what is so wrong with me that i'm the only one that doesn't eventually heal?
and to top all those off, i ended up in the ER 2 weeks ago with severe cramping and my dr discovered a tennis ball sized mass on one of my ovaries. so back to the OR for me. i can't even make it one year without having a surgery. i'm so exhausted.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Sep 2009, 14:14

Oh, Juney, I KNOW you are tired of the pain, it is NOT fair and NO ONE deserves to have to endure it for so long!!! I would honestly take it from you and endure it myself, I would.
SOMETHING is going on with you, it's not just your fissure and butt and NO ONE seems to be able to find out what. What did they tell you about the mass? Please let us know what you find out!
Juney, we care for you here, even if we can't stop the pain.
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 17 Sep 2009, 15:27

"I would honestly take it from you and endure it myself, I would."
thanks kim that really means a lot Image it helps to have supportive friends and family..and internet family. :)
we don't know anything about the mass yet, my dr wants a clearer picture before he goes in to remove it so i have an MRI next monday. he doesn't think it's cancer but maybe a fibroid that moved outside the uterus and grew since my last surgery. deep down i'm hoping this is the reason my butt won't heal...and maybe when they remove it things will work better. i know it's a stretch but maybe?
by the way kim...where is lecia? i haven't seen any new posts from her since i've been back on. is she ok??
juney
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Sep 2009, 15:46

I don't think it's a stretch. Seems like I heard someone here on this board mention having an ovarian cyst and connecting it to their butt problems, so maybe! Ask the Dr. how long you might have had the mass, if he knows and it correlates with your timescale on the butt problems, (and it is benign!) then you may be onto something.
There is a reason why you don't heal when others do. You are not being punished either, don't get that mindset Juney. It's just, what is, is, and nothing more than that.
Deleted User 5

Postby sidra1968 » 19 Sep 2009, 07:33

Juny..it could be complicating your problems..I had huge cysts, huge fibroids, severe Stage 4 endometriosis (he said I was one of the worst cases he'd ever seen after the surgery) and then had a partial hysterectomy..I think it cleared up a lot of my associated problems and wasn't a terrible surgery at all. Hope you feel better soon.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2009, 14:59

I don’t think it is a stretch either Juney and really it would all make perfect sense !
I hope this mass is completely innocent, I also hope you get the healing you need, God only knows you need that break..
You will be in my prayers Dear Juney Image

Postby happyass » 25 Sep 2009, 18:41

juney,
i am dealing with two women in my lives with fibroids in the uterus/ovaries/vaginal department.
i came across "ginger compresses" for uterine fibroids but it is also great to help with our digestive/intestinal/systems and helps to detox the body. much healthier alternative to colonics, the ginger compresses seems to be a great way to help target the digestive system over a period of time.
i'll try to post this and the link about ginger compresses and it may be beneficial to some, if not all of us. i certainly know i am going to try it because for me, well, i have lots of fat on my abdomen so it can only help me flush out some of that. but also help me detox overall.
good luck.....u r always in my prayers and i know one day too, you will get better.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 27 Sep 2009, 00:53

i had to have emergency surgery this past monday to remove a twisted ovary. it turns out the 8cm "mass" was actually my swollen ovary. i was in such bad pain when i went in for my MRI on monday morning that they just admitted me to the hospital and removed the ovary. in all my years of dealing with the fissure i've never felt pain that bad. the drs compare a twisted ovary to child birth pains. IT HURT!!
i cannot believe all these unconnected problems. i'm convinced someone up there is out to get me. but i'm recovering well from that surgery and will only have 3 small scars on my stomach. i'll have to deal with the fibroids later, they couldn't do both surgeries at once :(
fissure status - still the same, still some amount of anal pain everyday. life kinda sucks right now but the wellbutrin keeps my spirits up a little.
juney
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 27 Sep 2009, 05:02

Juney,
Glad you were able to resolve your ovary problem. My mother had a tumor on one of her ovaries that was removed this past June during major surgery. She was on pain pills until the hospital could get her surgery scheduled, but finally her situation was corrected with a complete hysterectomy. Nice to only have 3 small scars. Could your ongoing anal pain be due to scar tissue since you have had the 3 surgeries in that area? Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46