Juney...don't give up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Juney...don't give up

Postby Corsi » 21 Jul 2009, 04:04

I read your thread and I am sorry to hear that you are still having spasms after everything you've gone through. I see how desperate you are and I wish you wouldn't leave the forum because your joke was misunderstood. We all have to use humour to survive this wonderful fissure thing.
This is the place to vent and get support...
Image Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: Juney...don't give up

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2009, 04:57

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Jul 2009, 07:28

Thinking of you, Juney! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 21 Jul 2009, 08:07

we miss you juney.hope u get better
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby juney » 18 Aug 2009, 18:19

hi fissure friends Image
i've just logged on for the first time in a long time and saw this message. thanks for thinking of me guys. Image
i'm still trudging along living my fissure life. it's just an up and down thing from one day to the next. i'll have a great week or more and then back to pain again. i'm not letting it interfere as much with my life though. i've been much more social, optimistic, and happy lately. i guess i try not to dwell on it so much.
i'm still using diltiazem twice a day, taking over a full dose of miralax + 500mg magnesium + 2 teaspoons benefiber everyday. things are staying pretty soft, even when i stray from my diet a little. but i can't go too out of control (i definitely still avoid dairy, and meat and won't go near pizza or fast food). i have 2 more appts with different CRSs so i'm still not giving up although i don't think they'll have much more to offer than i've already heard many times before.
as discouraging as this all gets to be, i have to remember i'm better off now than i was 3 years ago! it's tough for me to think about how hopeful i was this time last year...and the year before and the year before.... but i try to push those thoughts away. everyone seems to heal eventually and hopefully one day i will too. until then it's just a condition i'm learning to live with.
i hope everyone's doing well and on the road to healing! you all have been very compassionate over the last few years and definitely helped me thru some rough times. i think of you all often.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2009, 03:10

Good for you Juney !
I am glad you are finding some routine to manage your way through the pain..
Keep us posted to what these CRS have to say !

Postby cherylk » 19 Aug 2009, 07:22

Right, Juney, let us know what those docs tell you!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 19 Aug 2009, 09:50

So nice to hear from you sweetie :D
juney wrote: i'm still trudging along living my fissure life. it's just an up and down thing from one day to the next. i'll have a great week or more and then back to pain again. i'm not letting it interfere as much with my life though. i've been much more social, optimistic, and happy lately. i guess i try not to dwell on it so much. as discouraging as this all gets to be, i have to remember i'm better off now than i was 3 years ago!

That's something! Maybe you are like Lecia, you heal very slowly and maybe because you have had so much surgery down there and scar problems...you just need a lot of time. I understand how hard and discouraging it can be, but you know the routine now and can live with it/tolerate it.
I wish you everything good. How is work? Is it painful to sit/be active?
Image Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 16 Sep 2009, 11:11

ahhhh things have been BAD the past few days. i always feel it but usually it's tolerable and i'll just have one really bad week a month. but this past week for no reason things have hurt worse than in a long time. pain during BM then up to 12 hours or longer after. it's a sore, raw feeling like someone shoved a jagged club up my a**. this is maddening. this month is the one year "anniversary" of the fissurectomy. i feel like i'm banging my head against a wall, making no progress for 3 years. i have 3 new dr appts lined up this month but doubtful they'll help or give me any new info.
i guess i just need to vent. the constant hell i live in is getting the best of me again.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2009, 12:06

No Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image