New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here

Postby toomuchwastedtime » 26 Jul 2009, 02:35

Hello everyone i have been suffering from Hemorrhoid for many years now. But it has never gave me any trouble till about a few months ago. I got my first fissure in May and i have been suffering ever since. It has been a while since i slept for more than 3 hours. Image
toomuchwastedtime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New here

Postby pinky » 26 Jul 2009, 04:01

Hello and welcome.Have u seen a crs for your fissure?Are you using any ointments and laxatives?are your stools soft?Do have sitz baths?You will get a lot of info if u read the other threads.Its important to keep your BMs soft by eating a fibre diet and lots of water.You can also take a stool softener and have warm sitz baths.We can advice more if you tell more about your fissure.Take care
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jul 2009, 06:39

It's rough, too bad that it is affecting your sleep! Pinky asked most of the questions above I would have asked. If you haven't yet, do read some of the threads and there you should find many tips on how to start managing your fissure and most likely, the amount of pain you are having. You really should start looking into one of the various conservative methods of treatment, like Nefedipine, Nitro, or Botox.
Welcome to the board!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 26 Jul 2009, 08:01

I just wanted to say welcome. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby toomuchwastedtime » 26 Jul 2009, 14:22

thanks for the replies. My stool is usually soft but the problem is i go to the bathroom A LOT. Right now i am using anusol and i will be picking .2% Nitroglycerine on monday. Last night was a nightmare. The pain and the itch was unbearable. Btw i have multiple fissures maybe that is why i am in so much pain.
toomuchwastedtime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jul 2009, 16:02

Here's hoping the nitro really kicks in fast and you get some some needed zzzzz's, TMWT!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 26 Jul 2009, 18:38

I hate that itching. Hopefully, the nitro can help quickly. Maybe you can cut down on your fiber or laxatives so you don't have so many bm's.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46