Botox not working!!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox not working!!!!

Postby Peachy724 » 06 Aug 2009, 01:57

Hey ho, well I managed to go to the loo this morning finally after 2 movical satchets and 5 slippery elms, not to mention the black coffee and water and I am currently lying in the bath scared to get out for the pain to start :( I have the appointment with surgeon on the 15th Sep ! :( have called to see about a cancellation but there was none two days ago bur I'll keep calling, it's seems agonising pain doesn't speed things up ! I'm also worried about my husband, he has developed sleeping problems and is changing before my eyes, he doesn't get low and now he is, any thoughts? The doc had him on a two week course of pills but he can't work when taking them as he is drowsy till lunchtime and his job is a gas engineer which involves driving and peoples lives :( I bought him herbal tabs but they are no working .
Xxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby derryboy » 06 Aug 2009, 03:59

go to A&E fast track yourself... my friend had a very sore knee. but the waiying time to see some1 was in oct,
he went straight to A&E, and got admited, and next day got key hole surgery,
worth ago if you fel u cant hang on no more...
just a thought.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 05:21

I can't speak for speeding up the NHS as an American, hopefully Darren's suggestion about going to A&E can work! Can you try taking maybe 800 mg of ibuprofen when the pain is at it's worse and see if that helps?
Is your husbands "low" related to all the pain you are having?
Deleted User 5

Postby Peachy724 » 06 Aug 2009, 08:36

Darren, to say I can't hang on is an understatement, I am not a strong positive person at all and I really feel like saying goodnight to it all. I'm a bit scared I'll not be taken seriously as a other times I get fobbed of with more pills or cream and the only GP that managed to get me admitted is on holiday till the 17th this months, saw another Gp on Tuesday who gave me amitryptiline, another constipating pill! X
And Kim yes I think both the pain and my occurant ED is wearing him down, I feel what is the point in me being here causing distress to my family (nothing but) and unable to look after my daughter like I should, she deserves so much more!!! X
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 10:05

Oh, Jackie. I so hate hearing that you are so down. It brings me down, too. I bet you are stronger than you will ever know, but being positive *is* extremely hard when you're in such pain and have to face it each day. Just know that so many of us here, including many who have come and gone (because they healed!) have been there and there was light at the end of the long dark tunnel, there really was! And I do know the distress you feel in not being able to attend to your child like oyu feel you should, that is perhaps the hardest of all things.
Do keep calling about the possible cancellations and consider Dazzy's urgent care advice. The seventeenth will be here soon, just a week and three days. Keep your stools soft, keep yuor chin up and stay as positive as you can, Jackie, it will make a small difference in your pain levels. And we are rooting for you and thinking of you! Image xoxoxo
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 06 Aug 2009, 10:35

Jackie,
Chin up. I felt similarly about a year ago, and now I am planning to go on a cruise. AF's can do that to one's mental state. Try getting on an AD. Don't give up. You need to get healed and lend support to others like Kim and I are going to you!! Also, try to eat healthily.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Peachy724 » 06 Aug 2009, 10:51

Thank you so much Kim, I have spent pretty much all day in tears and it's not easy hiding it from Jazmin, ( my angel) she knows and tells me not to cry and that breaks my heart. I phoned again and I got to speak to a senior nurse and she said to go to my gp tomorrow and get them to send me to hospital and if they don't then I've to go to A & E like Darren said so I will, thankfully the pain had gone for the time being, man it only took 8 hours today! So I'll try and relax and enjoy it but you know what's it's like, hello tomorrow, hello pain.
It's so nice to have people that understand cause I think my hubby gets fed up at times or maybe more p*ssed of to be honest.
Xxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Peachy724 » 06 Aug 2009, 10:54

Cherylk, thanks aswell :) how did you heal and how long did it take?
What is an AD?
Xxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 11:07

I know of others who seem to not get as much support from their spouses as they should. After all, you still look healthy and all, right? So don't feel alone in that, either. Do try to get him to understand how debilitating the pain really is. Does he have a lot on his shoulders, like work, etc?
YES! Enjoy the rest of the day today while the pain is gone and focus on that little angel!
So HAPPY you got over the pain today and are actively seeking to get the ball rolling! It is what you have to do. Drive the doctors crazy, they will do something at some point just to get you out of their hair!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 06 Aug 2009, 11:33

Hey Jackie,
First of all I really like Scots! Image (and Scottish "things"). I am getting ready to go out of town today to visit my son who lives in a group home, BUT and A/D is an anti-depressant. I think one could really help you. I was officially diagnosed in April of 2008. My CRS told me I was healed the following July, but I continued to episodes of pain and bleeding until early this year. The pelvic floor retraining class also helped me. Feel free to PM me if you wish. As I stated, I love Scots!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46