Valium + nitroglycerin/lidocaine/hydrocortisone for fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Valium + nitroglycerin/lidocaine/hydrocortisone for fissure?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Aug 2009, 02:30

Hey, yeah I memorized how to enter a lot of the Norwegian characters using an US keyboard. At the company I was working at, we had our choice of Norwegian, German, and US keyboard layouts. I used the US layouy of course but still often had to enter Norwegian characters.
And yeah I think I mean Hemsedal, it was a ski resort, there was some kind of theme to it that was supposed to represent the Lapland style of life or something. I don't remember that part of my time there too well, it started the day after I arrived in Oslo so I was pretty jet lagged still.
Whereabouts are you located in Norway by the way?
I'm taking Miralax right now too, it's the only thing that makes my stools soft. I'd rather not use it in the long term but for now I don't know what else I can use reliably either...
Yeah I'm strongly considering LIS. I have two appointments in a few weeks from now, one doctor wants to do botox and the other is probably going to prefer LIS. My sphincter spasms have been getting really bad -- to the point where they are completely debilitating and I can't even leave the house anymore (after every BM I need to take opiate painkillers because the pain is so bad) -- so personally I think I'm going to opt for LIS. It is very difficult for me to even pass wind now, because the sphincter is so tight, and even very soft stools feel very painful to pass. If I weren't in such bad shape, I might give botox a try, but I don't think I can endure another month of trying something out.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 14 Aug 2009, 03:55

Hi Corsi! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 14 Aug 2009, 10:24

Hello Corsi Image

Postby Corsi » 14 Aug 2009, 12:04

OK, so you are familiar with our strange letters then...jeg mе lшpe kjжre Image
I live in the south, I love living here...
About the Miralax, you do what you have to do...fissures force us to do things we don't like.
NeuropathicGuy wrote: Yeah I'm strongly considering LIS. I have two appointments in a few weeks from now, one doctor wants to do botox and the other is probably going to prefer LIS.

LIS is no miracle cure, but it seems to be the best there is to cure fissures today, and for most people it does help. I hope you heal asap :) What does your wife think about this?
Tabby & Cheryl
Hello ladies Image How are you doing?
Corsi
Last edited by Corsi on 27 Feb 2010, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Aug 2009, 14:15

Hey Corsi,
Yeah I'm definitely familiar with a lot of Norwegian characters. Our company had clients from all over Europe so we often had to type out responses (simple ones of course) in different languages. The one I had the most trouble with was Polish -- the rules and even alphabet are so different from English, I don't think I ever spelled a single word correctly :)
My wife is sad that I'm in so much pain everyday. She's a loving and supportive person and I can tell that it just kills her. Sometimes she cries because she just wants me to be in less pain. I feel terrible about it but I can't hide my suffering anymore. My wife is 8 months pregnant with twins so I try to keep it out of her sight but she's good at reading me.
As it stands I'm almost certainly going to go for LIS. I just can't stand the thought of another month of waiting around in agony wondering if the botox is going to work. At least with LIS, I know the sphincter spasm will be addressed, so that's at least one variable out of the way.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby derryboy » 16 Aug 2009, 01:03

hi there the names darren. not good at advice as such but can answer some things here.
Hydrocortisone..... is a steroid, which may be used to treat inflammation...
hydrocortisone can be used for fissures but ony short term. as it cause thining of the skin. 2 weeks max use my crs told me....
Valuim works really well for spasms but please use it only short term.. highly adictive stufff.
i used it 1 tablet 5mg at night... it help.
i now use valerian the herbal to valium works well. you gt it in tablet or powder,,, i tried the tablets thry were good for me... but te powder was better,,, i mixed it wih some juice. its very bitter,,, and the pills smells of smelly socks thart have never been washed for yrs yuk.
its your body.. demand help... as its been said.. if they wont help... your minds suicidal.....
doctors i feel dont uderstandthe pain or suffering of fissures... gd luck.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Aug 2009, 02:07

Hey Darren,
Nice to meet ya! I've used topical hydrocortisone cream (mostly cream but suppositories on occasion) for years for my hemorrhoids, so I'm thinking maybe my skin there is already thin and I shouldn't use too much more of the new ointment containing hydrocortisone. I guess I'll give it a go for a week or so and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be able to know when I'm getting either botox or LIS by that point.
I've been using the Valium, I have the 5 mg tablets and take 2 every 6 hours or so (so up to 6 tablets a day). Any less than 2 at a time and it doesn't seem to do much to me. I don't want to end up addicted to it, but with this fissure I'm totally willing to roll the dice... It does seem to help the spasms a bit, after taking Valium I'm at least able to pass wind with a little greater ease :)
I ended up at the Emergency Room a few days ago and they gave me a prescription for some Percocet (oxycodone) there too. I'm using that to control the terrible pain after BMs for now. I kind of don't care what drugs I have to take to keep the pain at bay anymore. It feels like I'm high all the time, and the Percocet constipates a bit (no problems with the Valium though), but I'm just trying to make it until I can get one of the more invasive (and hopefully more effective!) treatments done.
I know what you mean, if someone had tried to explain to me how terrible having a chronic fissure is, I wouldn't have been able to comprehend it at all until I got one for myself!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby derryboy » 09 Sep 2009, 04:50

wooowwwww 3omg valium a day....
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 09 Sep 2009, 09:43

Hey Darren, hope you're doing okay! :) I'm tapering off from 30 mg a day now, I take up to 20 mg on bad days but on most days I'm between 10-15 mg a day (2-3 pills, always one in the morning and always one before bed, the mid-day one is only if things aren't going well spasm-wise).
I had a CRS appointment yesterday and was told that my fissure is still there, although it's less severe than before (yay!), and the spasm seems to be decreasing noticeably compared to my last visit (double yay!). The CRS says it's probably too early to stop the Valium and nitro/nifedipine altogether, but I'm definitely moving forward in the right direction. It was great news, now I just hope it holds!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Sep 2009, 10:10

Hey, we'll take any improvement we can get, right NG?
WAY to GO!!! Well, heck yes it is too early to stop the creams, I say don't stop till you get it completely healed!
Still great news, NG!! Image Image Image Image
Deleted User 5