OTC lidocaine creams?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: OTC lidocaine creams?

Postby cherylk » 19 Aug 2009, 18:34

You can help support other new people like we've been doing!! I still think you should try Ensure for added calories and protein. Do you take a full dose of Miralax, but divide it in two doses?
I think previously you felt hopeless, but now you feel hopeful, and your mind is now working with your body in your favor, instead of against your healing. My local CRS told me that he thinks there is a mental component of having a fissure (stress related, etc), and I agree with him!! Image You'll have to post pics of the babes after they arrive!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Aug 2009, 18:40

Yep, I take a full dose of Miralax and divide it in two. Sometimes I take a little less for lunch if I ate lightly, and a little more for dinner if I ate more, but it's always a full 17g dose every day.
I'll definitely offer my experiences to any new sufferers on the boards. I don't feel like I'm quite qualified to offer too much advice yet, because I'm still trying to find my way out of the woods, but as you can tell, I'm online all day, so I'll chime in where I can :)
And yeah, I will be sure to post pics of the new additions to my family once they arrive :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Aug 2009, 10:46

Awww! Can't wait to see them, NG!!! Image
Deleted User 5