Getting ready for LIS next Weds!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Getting ready for LIS next Weds!

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2009, 12:03

General anthesetic made me nervous as hell too but I have had so many now i quite like it! Image
It is OK really and those anaesthetists are amazing people they will make you feel very relaxed, you will see :) It is amazing how quickly it is all over !

Postby gr8ness » 17 Sep 2009, 07:17

Yeah I'm sure it will be fine I just need to try to shake off my nerves...unfortunately I'm a basket case in a medical environment so that doesn't help. I can't wait until this is all over with. This thing has controlled my life for enough time...it shall be destroyed starting next week! Image
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 17 Sep 2009, 07:38

If my 84 year old mother could have GA like she recently did for a hysterectomy while believing that she might have cancer, you can do it!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby gr8ness » 22 Sep 2009, 06:28

Tick tick tick...time is running out. It looks like I'll be having my LIS tomorrow morning at about 8:00 am unless a higher priority surgery comes before me of course then it will be later in the day. My nervousness is gradually increasing.
Garon
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Sep 2009, 11:52

Well, I am excited for you, Garon! Just think, in a week or two this AF nightmare will start receding like a bad nightmare and you will, in all likelihood, get your life back once and for all!! I hope they take you and pray everything goes well!!!!
Do check back in with us and let us all know how it went and how it is going! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby sidra1968 » 23 Sep 2009, 08:12

Good luck and let us know how it went!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby gr8ness » 23 Sep 2009, 18:29

Well, I had the LIS this morning ended up being at 9:45. Also had hemmhoroidectomy on the thrombosed hemmhoroid as well do to the fact that it still remained. I took the General Anesthetic very well. Didn't get nauseous after and actually didn't feel groggy...the Anesthesiologist was spectacular! I did take one vicadin in post op as I wasn't feeling very comfortable sitting down in the chair they put me in.
Anyways I am now home and have not felt groggy or anything and have been wide awake since. The local has worn off and I'm feeling pretty sore down there but haven't felt the need to pop another vicadin as I really want to avoid constipation at all costs right now. I was instructed to take Milk of Magnesia if I continue to take Vicadin, I've never really taken MOM so I don't know how my body would react to it so I'm trying to avoid that. I'm definitely gonna pop some colace tonight for sure.
Actually I think the biggest reason that I am so sore is because I have a piece of gauze wedged against me that constantly feels like I have a wedgie I need to keep that until tomorrow morning. That's adding pressure when I sit down too...I'm thinking it will feel much better when I remove that.
Dreading that first BM....unsure how the hemmhoroid removal will affect the situation. Will post!
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Sep 2009, 18:48

If it was a thrombosed hemmy, then you probably are going to be alright and it may have no effect at all, G. Here's hoping the first BM went OK and you never have to touch that vicodin, but listen, if you need it, take it!! You have the MOM to back you up on that!!!
The first few days may find you sore down there so don't fret about it, and if you see a little blood even three weeks from now don't fret there, either...remember, your fissure still has to heal, things are set up for healing now but the LIS didn't "fix" your fissure, it is just paving the way for healing.
Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Here's to getting your life back again! Image Image Image Image
Deleted User 5

Postby sidra1968 » 24 Sep 2009, 07:36

Great news..sounds EXACTLY like my experience, even down to the day of the week and time of surgery..lol. You'll be sore for 4 days or so, but nothing unbearable. My first BM didn't occur for 3 days and that was with the Miralax..it was so nice to have no fissure pain when it finally happened..don't worry, it'll probably be fine. So glad to hear it went well!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby gr8ness » 24 Sep 2009, 08:33

Thanks for the support guys! I just woke up a little while ago...haven't had an urge for a bm yet. Just popped some more colace. It's probably a good thing no bm yet since I have a bandage/gauze covering things up down there that I need to take off in a little bit.
I woke up feeling pretty sore all over today. My ribcage, my throat, and my legs feel sore...most be from the way they were moving me around while I was out. I can deal with that...not a big deal. Still sore down there of course but that goes without saying. I will probably be much better off when I get this gauze outta there...feels like I'm sitting on a big lump and that adds a lot of pressure.
Still no need for another vicadin though...this is nothing like the one night both the thrombosed and fissure were acting up all at the same time and I couldn't move. This is just major soreness and some burning down there but hey someone just sliced me up with a razor what can I expect.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict