Getting ready for LIS next Weds!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Getting ready for LIS next Weds!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Sep 2009, 12:05

WOW! Way to go (so far!) G! Don't fret to much over the first BM, most people are shocked to find it goes pretty well. I screwed up and ate the wrong things and took lots of pain meds so I was constipated and had it ROUGH...you are NOT making my mistakes and that is GOOD!
Deleted User 5

Postby gr8ness » 25 Sep 2009, 07:42

Well here I am at 8:38 am and I am pleased to report that my first BM came and wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting especially with the hemmhoroidectomy on top of the LIS. Luckily the colace and copious amounts of water I've been drinking helped a great deal. I've got some burning going on right now but nothing like bad fissure days at all.
I feel a great deal of relief that I got that hurdle out of the way and though I still feel sore and burning it wasn't excruciating like I was expecting. Thanks again for all the support so far guys!
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby sidra1968 » 25 Sep 2009, 11:53

You'll be back to your old self in no time!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby gr8ness » 28 Sep 2009, 10:35

Well, I didn't think I'd make it but I'm back to work today. I'm feeling decent...obviously not 100% by any stretch of the imagination of course. I'm still sore and am getting a great deal of itchiness today. But otherwise feeling pretty good.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Postby pinky » 29 Sep 2009, 02:46

Try not to do too much even though u feel good.i would try to get back to daily activities after my LIS as i felt better and end up getting exhausted.but we r all different.do continue the same like u did before and good luck
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby gr8ness » 29 Sep 2009, 07:05

pinky wrote:Try not to do too much even though u feel good.i would try to get back to daily activities after my LIS as i felt better and end up getting exhausted.but we r all different.do continue the same like u did before and good luck

Yeah, you're absolutely right about getting exhausted. I made it through the work day ok but I absolutely passed out at about 8:00 last night. My eyes just closed and that was that. Actually I've been passing out early like that since the surgery. Unfortunately I'm still sore too but not needing any painkillers...it's just more of an annoying soreness. I'm sure it will take awhile before I can actually say I feel normal.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict