Fissure-safe fast foods

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Fissure-safe fast foods

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Oct 2009, 18:08

Funny thing is benzodiazepines like Valium are things that physicians keep prescribing to me. I've got a prescription for Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine), Valium (diazepam), and also Klonopin (clonazepam).
The Klonopin was given to me by my primary care physician who doesn't know a thing about fissures. He gave it to me for anxiety because, according to him, my pattern of continually coming in and complaining about my fissure and health was a sign of an anxiety disorder. This is the same guy who told me to just use hydrocortisone cream and a high fiber diet for the fissure, and that it'd just go away on its own without further intervention. I didn't take any of the Klonopin because I'd had enough of the drugs by that time and was actually chastised by the guy for refusing to take it. I've since learned that Klonopin addiction is even harder to kick than Valium addiction. Glad I didn't open that door! If I weren't the one with the fissure I'd almost find the whole thing kind of funny.
Ok I'm just ranting now. But yeah, guess I should've taken Valium for a shorter term and stopped it as soon as the really bad, crippling phase of the fissure pain went away. Oh well live and learn I guess.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 12 Oct 2009, 18:47

NeuropathicGuy wrote:
Nebelwerfer_ wrote:valium is some nasty stuff. Dont take it unless you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.

Yeah I just realized that over the last few days :( At one point my fissure was bad enough where I didn't care, and truthfully it did help, but now I just want the addiction to be gone. Overall I'm glad I took it, because the fissure really was THAT bad, but I just wish I'd started tapering off of it earlier (and in a smarter fashion rather than just going cold turkey like I did).
How are things going on your side? Any improvement from your new diet/drug regimen?

Michael Jackson was taking up to 10 valium pills a night and more.
Anyway, miralax has helped by BM's to be smaller, but yesterday i went out to a restaurant and had a bunch of fried foods and my bm today was bigger than usual, so i'm crossing fried foods off my list for good. I'm off to the store to buy some vegetable soup now.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Oct 2009, 19:05

Nice, veggie medley with stuff like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and potatoes with a little boiled fish and chicken has been good for me. I eat very minimal fried foods these days, maybe once or twice a week at most and nothing deep fried ever. Good luck with it, man I haven't been out to a restaurant for a looooong time.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby busymom » 16 Oct 2009, 08:52

You know, one of the positive things is that you are well on your way to setting a GREAT example of healthy eating for your children! :D
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Oct 2009, 17:28

busymom wrote:You know, one of the positive things is that you are well on your way to setting a GREAT example of healthy eating for your children! :D

lol that's a good point mom -- I never thought of it that way before :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 17 Oct 2009, 00:48

busymom wrote:You know, one of the positive things is that you are well on your way to setting a GREAT example of healthy eating for your children! :D
LOL yeah,all my nephew eats is meat and spicy foods and never eats veggies.I've told him his grampa had af and I have af so he should start eating healthy while he's young because apperantley weak rectums run in our family.He's fourteen and stubborn and I told him your bad eating habits will catch up to you one day.Eh well teenagers Image what can you do.When I have kids I'm going to force them to eat healthy thats for sure.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 31 Oct 2009, 12:08

I just had about 4 bites of some pizza last night, thinking that just 4 bites wouldn't be so bad, BIG MISTAKE. I re-tore my AF after 2 weeks of no bleeding :( I now banish pizza from my diet forever!
On to other things... how well does scrambled eggs without cheese treat the rest of you? hard bm's or soft?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Oct 2009, 12:16

Dang, I was just thinking about trying some pizza too. I haven't had any for about a year now :(
I've read that eggs can be constipating (or at least make stools harder) but I eat them from time to time and don't notice much impact. The Miralax seems to soften them up just fine. I usually don't go over 2-3 eggs in any given day though. I've tried hard boiled, over easy, scrambled, it doesn't seem to matter.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 31 Oct 2009, 12:40

dang, you've had you're AF for a year?
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 31 Oct 2009, 12:58

Nebelwerfer_ wrote:dang, you've had you're AF for a year?

It's getting there. But even that's pretty conservative. There are folks here who have had them for many years.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure