Botox Update if interested

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox Update if interested

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Sep 2009, 16:20

I love the crack too, Tabby! Image
The *legal* kind!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 21 Sep 2009, 16:36

Thanks for the explanation, Tabby! Interesting about the nuances of the language differences even though we are both really, "English"!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 05:27

Right seems there is a new problem i think. yesterday was brilliant i managed to walk (gently) about town, weighed myself and have lost the 4 pounds i put on last week and too scared to tell my hubby or mum incase they increase my ensure, but thats another problem. The pain was not there at all and i managed to do a little ironing ( sitting down) and drop and collect jaz from nursery and do disshes and start tea but today i have pain after going to the loo, im trying uncuccessfully to regulate my movical as i am getting pain and wful noises in my gut and very watery stools. Anyway i think the pain is from very small pea size pile at the 6 o clock position that pops out and is sore too touch but the problem is when i push t back in it just comes out again cause the botox has relaxed it all down there. What do i do?? Maybe its the fissure? When i put ice on it , it gets better and when i lie o my tummy its not sore which leads me to think its not the fissure as nothing helps that pain. But its not possible for me to lie all the time as i am on my own with jaz half the week like today Image
I have to drive her to nursery in a bit and im dreading it, to top it off im trying to potty train jazmin and i dont want her not developing cause of my stupid problems.
DOWN DAY :( :( :(
Last edited by Peachy724 on 23 Sep 2009, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: it missed out the potty training part for some reason
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby suzyljank » 23 Sep 2009, 05:38

So sorry you're having so much pain. Could still be the fissure though. The botox relaxes the area so the fissure can heal but it doesn't make the fissure heal, that takes time. Try soaking in a warm bath a few times a day that really helps. As far as regulating your bms, try taking movicol (miralax) before you go to bed. That's what I do and I drink tea with benefiber 2 or 3 times during the day. I ususally have to have a bm first thing in the morning. When I took the movicol (miralax) when I woke up it was harder to judge when that would happen for me. Stay positive and enjoy your little one. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Sep 2009, 06:21

The pile sounds like perhaps a small thrombosed hemmy and they can often resolve themselves on their own. I just want to reiterate Suzy's great advice...the fissure does still need time to heal and it is important to try your best to stay positive!!
Sorry it is such a down day but feel free to vent here all you want, Jackie! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 23 Sep 2009, 06:44

I think Miralax/Movicol works best at bedtime also even though my Mayo GI doc told me to take it in the am. I think experimenting is the key! I take my first dose between 2 and 2:30 in the aft. By then I usually know if I will have loose stools that day and then I can adjust if necessary!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 09:29

I take 3 movical satchets a day as im terrified i'll have hard stools. i take the first in the morning, second at afternoon and third after tea. Is that too much, is that what is causing the wind and pain do you think.
xxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby derryboy » 23 Sep 2009, 09:52

i take about 1/1half packets at lunch time, and it does the trick the next day... when i first started movicol my tummy was in uproar, it was rummbling, gurgling, i was brping, farting, i was told this was all normal until ur insides get used to movicol.
i found eating more helped after taking movicil help with the wind , pain etc too,
man there was days i afraid to pass wind, lol. i go to the toilet and sit just in case lmao. but at the time not funny.
so depending how long youve been on the movicol for it just might be that, try cutting down movicol a little aday, i used a tea spoon(tip from my friend on here cheryl)
do you take your with hot or cold liquids, my crs told me pineapple juice for a good effect, other says with hot/warm water or hot orange juice helps with te wind etc, and also helps reduce the amount of movicol you take each day,
every1 is different, me i like it with fresh orange juice or plain cold water..
i tried it with hot water and honey once, it worked to well,
warm water i found made it taste more yuck than it is already, but must admit, did seem to work better. infact i mite try it again, tomorrow just to see,
anyway i hope the pain u were in is now starting to lesson.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby suzyljank » 23 Sep 2009, 10:39

Wow, 3 packets of movicol seems like a lot. I would try cutting it down to 2 and then see if you can get yourself down to 1. Some people need more and some less but 3 would seem like it would cause diarrhea which is just as bad for fissures as constipation. Hope you find your comfort zone real soon.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Peachy724 » 23 Sep 2009, 11:11

I know Suzy, my mums a nurse and works with dementia patients so knows all about movical (haha) and she thought 3 was way too much but im scared.i just went and bought Fibresure, which i just read another post about in the supplement group thing which a doctor said cured his own fissure so i am gonna try that, is it ok just to stop movical and start Fibresure.
Daz i am right there with you with the gurgling and rumbling, farting and its not nice and im also like that with the wind, im scared its not just wind so i will hold it till i get to the loo which is prob causeing the pain in my tum. I've been on movical for months so its not new to me but i wasnt using it regularly or 3 satchets either. I take it with water and Vit C tablet and ice, its the only way it doest make me feel pukey. Sometimes flavoured water and ice is okay. I tried it once in my coffee which i drink black and nearly threw it up, not nice at all .Its hard too as i will only drink fluids with no calories due to my eating problems so my drinks are limited. Im gonna give the fibresure a go though and hope it makes a difference.
And thanks, the pain went after my mother in law came up to let me have a bath (she watched jaz) and i managed fine to get her to nursery and even a trip to Tesco for a potty training seat for the loo. Man its hard, already had 4 acciidents but i have to keep it going, she is suffering because of me :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist