AF after pregnancy and 1,5 years post LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF after pregnancy and 1,5 years post LIS

Postby Cinderella » 07 Feb 2010, 05:35

My anal fissure problems started after my first pregnancy. I struggled two years with my fissure before I had LIS . I had LIS at the autumn 2008 and three months after the surgery I conceived. I had minor fissure problems until week 16 during pregnancy. After that all pain was gone and everything went well. I felt better than ever before. No butt issues at all!
I gave birth by c-section last autumn and everything was fine. However two weeks after c-section my fissure was back. And now I am struggling again. Image The pain is less than it use to be. However I am not able go anywhere before I have had BM. I have seen my doctor and he said I still have some spasms but I do not feel I have so bad spasms as I use to have pre-surgery. My doctor thinks that I should just waite some time and not undergo any procedures in the near future.
But we are desperately wanting to have a third child! We are planning to start trying within few months as we do not want to have lots of age difference. What should I do now? I am definitely sure that I cannot live with this pain so shoud l I have some procedure (another LIS or light dilatation) done immediately before conceiving or just waite after I have got my third child and then have my butt fixed? (Counting on that my butt will be better during pregnancy as last time). I just hate fissures so much!!! Image Image Image
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: AF after pregnancy and 1,5 years post LIS

Postby Michelle » 07 Feb 2010, 23:02

I am in the same boat. I desperately want to get pregnant again but don't know if I need to get this fixed before pregnancy or wait until after in case the pregnancy causes more bum problems. I would love to hear what others have to say as well.
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: AF after pregnancy and 1,5 years post LIS

Postby RockBottom » 12 Feb 2010, 16:17

Hi there,
I don't have much to add here but am very interested to hear other poeple's experience of AF and pregnancy.
Husband and I are trying to get pregnant at the moment. I've been using Rectogesic (which is contra indicated in pregnancy) but am due to finish next week after 8 weeks. CRS told me to go ahead and try for a baby despite this. He advised me not to go for surgery saying AF very common in later stages of pregnancy so I should prepare myself for return of AF even if it healed with the Rectogesic. I am 37 so time not exactly on my side on this one.
Would be really interested to hear people's experience on this.
RockBottom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1