Getting rid of that pinchy feeling

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Getting rid of that pinchy feeling

Postby small_flower » 21 Feb 2010, 17:51

Hey pals and gals,
So I blew it. Over this past school vacation I slacked off on my diet and had one BM that was too hard and I hurt my butt. Image
Now of course I have some discomfort. I've been sitting in the bath, but I have been trying to get rid of the pinchy feeling in my bum. Anyone have any suggestions?
It seems like it just hurts at the very beginning of the BM because whatever comes out first is always harder than the rest of the stool. So that always hurts and I don't know what to do about that either.
Any help out there?
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Getting rid of that pinchy feeling

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 22 Feb 2010, 14:21

Hey Kate,
I don't know your "fissure history" but I also had the problem where the very beginning of the BM was harder than the stuff behind it. I'd feel momentary pain while that first part came out and the rest of it I didn't even feel.
Anyway is the pinchy feeling due to a spasm? You should be able to tell by touching the sphincter and seeing if it feels tight -- I could always tell if my sphincter was in spasm or not just by touching it.
Have you already tried the usual approaches like nitro ointment and stool softeners? Sitz baths never did much for me personally and it took nitro ointment plus stool softners plus painkillers and valium before I got any relief when my fissure was at its worse.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45