Rectum muscles aching

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Rectum muscles aching

Postby fire-cracker » 23 May 2010, 12:50

Every since I my set back a couple of days ago...I noticed that I have some aching rectum muscles. It's not pain like the fissure...just alot of soreness/achiness. Is it possible that from having a problem with my BM's and being slightly constipated for a few days that it could have made my muscles sore inside???? Image
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Rectum muscles aching

Postby Fissulyna » 23 May 2010, 12:54

It is most probably a famous "spasm" going on Image
Try to have warm soaks as much as possible Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby fire-cracker » 23 May 2010, 13:41

Oh Yippie!!!! I have taken soooooooooooooooo many soaks for the past 2 days, well actually for the past 2 1/2 months Image
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 23 May 2010, 15:11

LOL, oh boy, not quiet "yippyyy " Image , ha ha, but I know that when we at lest know what is going on - we feel better and than at lest know of what to do about it Image
Have you ever tried any of those sphincter relaxing creams - like Nitro or Dilitiazem or Nifedipine ??? :roll:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby fire-cracker » 23 May 2010, 17:17

I have been using Diltiazem since April :( . I really don't want to call the CRS for any other cream since the last time I saw him he was more concerned about "We may have to do surgery", instead of looking at other options. He doesn't even want to see me back again unless I continue to have a problem. He did tell me to continue using Diltiazem for another 6 weeks, which will take me into the middle of June.
I think that this achiness/soreness is different than when it originally started. It feels more like a soreness from straining, but it's on the inside.
And...OMG....I sure do remember the spasms when this first started 2 1/2 months ago. They would be soooooooo bad after a BM that I could not stand up from the toilet Image When I was able to get off the toilet the pain was so bad that I was crawling on the floor.
Maybe you're right though. Maybe I am just having some spasms because I had so much pressure down their for a few days until yesterday.
All I know is that I have soaked in the tub today at least 5 times and I also sat on a heating pad on and off all day Image I have already called off of work for Monday, which I hated to do, but I work an 11 hour shift on Mondays and I just don't know how I am going to feel tomorrow Image
Hmmmm......I wonder if my PCP would precribe me something else if I explain the not wanting to have surgery situation to him. I might give that a try.
I guess I will wait to see how I feel tomorrow.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 23 May 2010, 22:37

Aaaaawe Image , I am so sorry that you feel this bad again :( , and your CRS has no right to rush you into anything !!!! He should give you all alternative options as long as you want them Image !!!!
If I were you, I would try to see another CRS for a second opinion !!!! I visited 5 CRSs total until I found one that I liked, but still - he is excellent surgeon and not so much versed for conservative treatments. So, I have one CRS who is great with those - creams, Botox and all that jazz, and the other one who is better in "cutting" ; ), so I would visit each according to my needs Image .
Maybe there is one that is good at it all LOL, but I do not mind this arrangement - actually gives me 2 prospective when I need them.
If you are scared of surgery, than definitely ask for another cream to try. I had much better result with Nitro, for example . It will give you a headache , but nothing that Tylenol would not control, at least it was like that for me.
Next you can try a Botox !!!!! And if nothing helps - LIS is very good option and not that bad at all ! It does not hurt even one tenth of what you experienced at the beginning of your fissure : ((( and you had it bad , same as me Image Image Image. Some lucky people do not have that extent of pain *sigh. I really feel for you since I remember like it was yesterday - all that debilitating pain :( . I can completely understand how you just some days can not go to work , and nobody who did not experience that level of pain can understand the anguish of a fissure :( life. I hope you have a good friend , or parent or husband/bf, who would give you support and listen to you whan you need to vent during this very difficult period Image .
Hope tomorrow you will feel much better !!!! Just have in mind that you tried only one of many things that can help you !!!! Can you ask your GP to give you some Valium to relax that spasm ??? It is part of regular care for fissure spasms - so do not feel like you are asking for something unheard of ! Both of my CRSs prescribed it when it was necessary !
Wishing you fast healing Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby fire-cracker » 24 May 2010, 09:07

Thanks for the get well wishes!!!!!!! :D I hope your wish comes true!!!
At this moment, and I have been up for a few hours already, I am not having as much soreness/achiness today (keeping fingers crossed). Maybe this was here for the past few days, but was too worried about the soreness/achiness, but I am having some kind of dull achy pain near my tailbone also. I really hope that doesn't mean anything.
My hubby, mom and sister inlaw have been pretty supportive. My mother inlaw just gets mad because I won't have surgery. Oh...and I have a cousin, who is a nurse, who also had this problem, although hers only lasted for 2 weeks (lucky gal)....but every now and then she will call me to see how it's going. I'm know my husband is tired of hearing me complaining and crying. I don't think that they all really understand how much this problem changes your life, but they all do listen to me or at least pretending to listen, lol.
I did order a couple types of numbing cream for hemorrhoids, which I have not received yet because I just ordered it on Saturday. And...of course I paid extra for faster shipping!!! Want it to get here as soon as possible. Hoping that will help numb the area near my tailbone. I swear I would eat the stuff if I knew it was going to help.
If the achiness/soreness doesn't go away in a couple of days I am going to make an appt. with my PCP to see if he can give me something.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 24 May 2010, 13:31

It is great that you have nice support system- it means a world of difference, although when in terrible pain , we feel alone in our pain, no matter what :( . But, I know that if I was alone during all of mine ordeals- I would have gone insane, really Image
Yes - go to GP, but please also consider another CRS since you would definitely need further care if things do not get better soon. You do not want to be in horrible pain and looking for another doctor - do it while the things are "under control" ; ) !
Best of luck !!!! Image Image Image
PS: The pain in the "tail" could mean that your Levator Ani is in spasm also :( - I think that Valium would help with that also, or at least a Flexaril Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 24 May 2010, 13:53

I think only people who have/have had fissures can really understand and empathize. Tabby helped me a WHOLE lot during that time. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion