Newbie with a theory

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Newbie with a theory

Postby cherylk » 06 Jun 2010, 07:36

Anxiety is bad for fissures!! I used to break out in a "cold sweat" anticipating a trip to the bathroom. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby fire-cracker » 06 Jun 2010, 11:57

I definately agree that anxiety is really bad for fissures!! There are still times that when I know I have to go and have a BM I start getting really, really stressed out and actually start shaking because I get myself so worked up about it. I have been doing much better with talking myself into relaxing as I sit on the toilet. I mainly try to focus on my breathing instead of dreading the BM. Long relaxing exhales as the poopies come out. What a difference this has made for me!!!!!
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby BR1979 » 06 Jun 2010, 14:19

Thanks for the tip and support. I wonder why the spams comes on mid day... Image Most of you here have it right before the BM...
BR1979
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby fire-cracker » 06 Jun 2010, 15:28

Is it the same time of day everyday???? If so...me personally...I would make sure to soak in the tub at/about the same time you get the spasms and try to relax while enjoying the soak (read a book, listen to the television or the radio, meditate).....just something relaxing.....even though I know it's hard at times. I have never been a bathtub soaker...I have always like to get washed up and get out, but since this ordeal started 3 months ago I have learned to enjoy soaking and relaxing in the tub. Well....for the first 2 months I did, but now I am sorta getting tired of soaking, but I still do it even when I am not having any pain/spasms.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby StevePain » 06 Jun 2010, 15:31

If you can't be bothered taking a bath then try using the shower head down there for about 10/15 mins, it brings pretty much the same relief as bathing IMO anyway
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby BR1979 » 06 Jun 2010, 16:23

Not the same hour... not the same way. But generaly around lunch time (a little before, a little after). Around this time Im not home, anyway.
Btw, just had some playing going :oops: , felt the "pulsing" spasm after it (the same that bothers me at sleeping) but not the painful "recoil" that comes after pee...
Right now keeping frequent baths. And speaking of that, time to do it now...
BR1979
Fibre Addict

Postby Philber » 08 Jun 2010, 18:39

My pain/spasms usually start about 45-60 minutes after a BM, and then they come and go for the next few hours. Hot baths are definitely a help, but they do not eliminate the pain. My BMs are not usually painful at all, and after a BM I never know when the pain will start or how bad it will be. Every day is different, but most days bring pain an hour after a BM for an hour or two. A second BM usually means worse pain for longer.
Standing is the worst for me. If I could do nothing but sit and take hot baths until mid-afternoon, I could probably eliminate most of the pain, but with a young family and a demanding career, that is not an option for me.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby BR1979 » 17 Jun 2010, 09:44

So folks, Im keeping this thread as a journal:
Avoiding sitting for long periods or long sex/masturbation acts.
Quit the medicinal softners. Im using lots of grinded linseed and some vegetable juice. And tons of water.
Im having no problem having red meat in small portions everyday, nor coffee :)
I also slowed the pace on working out, but still lifting some weights.
The only medicine Im using now is Diltiazen. And siz baths 3 times a day.
I must say I no longer feel anything, but Iґll never understimate this enemy.
I wish cheers and improvement to all!
BR1979
Fibre Addict

Postby BR1979 » 26 Jul 2010, 11:57

Guess whos back? A week ago I was going to post I was cured, but bang. Here it comes again...
BR1979
Fibre Addict

Postby BR1979 » 06 Sep 2010, 07:15

BR1979 wrote:Guess whos back? A week ago I was going to post I was cured, but bang. Here it comes again...

Sorry, guys, Iґve been reading more than posting...
Boring to type the same thing.
The news here is that my sex life is not guilty.. and the atention on diet brought some improvement.
The sitz bath are a little hard on my knees since i dont have a bath tube (i have to sit on a washbowl).
Any tips on that?
BR1979
Fibre Addict