Dave here. newbie.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Dave here. newbie.

Postby saurus » 19 Sep 2010, 00:50

Looks like a interesting and enlightening forum.Been lurking for a couple of days but....If you can`t beat`em....?
Been suffering for about seven weeks now.When it hits it`s like pain beyond belief.....arghhh. Will tell story later in day...third night in a row been awake with this.Maybe tired enough or drunk enough to sleep........... :) Haven`t read all the posts yet, but hopefully som advice from you all.
Cheers for allowing me to moan and groan.
saurus

Topics: 1

Re: Dave here. newbie.

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2010, 07:19

Hey Saurus,
Sorry to hear you have a fissure too. It sucks big time!!!
Have you been to a CRS yet? Since you've only had your fissure 7 weeks, you may have a chance to heal with the ointments. I have been using diltiazem but my fissure is 7 months and I didn't start using it until It was 5 months.
It has gave me some relief but I still have to get the surgery....
I don't know if you already know but diet is very important with healing an anal fissure and alcohol and caffeine can make your pain worse:(

Re: Dave here. newbie.

Postby StevePain » 19 Sep 2010, 13:51

Hey Dave, you have a really good chance of healing with a change of diet, stool softeners and/or ointments since your fissure is still in it's infancy (acute)
You need to get a good stool softener (Movicol/Miralax) to help with BM's and eat a high fibre diet with plenty of water, see your GP about Rectogesic, Diltiazem or
Nifedepine as these ointments will relax the sphincter and bring blood flow to the area to promote healing.
It's not too late to kick this thing into touch with just a few dietary changes and ointments..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Thanks guys.

Postby saurus » 20 Sep 2010, 03:35

Trying to stay positive, and realise how many people here are suffering worse and longer than I have.I`ll give details of treatment and symptoms later and take any advice. cheers. Image
saurus

Topics: 1