Pain inside rectum

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Pain inside rectum

Postby afugh!! » 21 Oct 2010, 02:00

Right now I'm just gonna do it a one at a time thing.So far the fissure has been good and I think the last time I bled wasn't from the fissure but more likely from the secondary opening.I think the use of nitro has done the trick for the moment and right now I'm definately more focused on the fistula.On the day of the surgery I'm going to ask the doc how the fissure is.I never knew yeast infections can be that hard to treat,I had jock itch before and I don't think I could've dealt w/ it for 6 months.Your son is priority one and I'm glad he's ok so you can focus on your "lil NG" problem now.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 11:48

Afugh,
hope your surgery goes well and you get that infection all cleared up. If you decide/need to have lis, there's nothing to it in my opinion. The fear I had was a million times worse than the procedure. I'm 2 days out and in no pain at all. I can see why some folks over do it and regress because I actually feel like I could do most things I normally do, Although I know I need to take it easy for awhile.... The skin tag removal is a little uncomfortable and will probably will take the longest to heal, but it's discomfort and not really pain.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Oct 2010, 12:50

lol hey afugh spill the beans: how the hell did you get rid of the jock itch??? I swear I've tried every cream on earth for my thing and it ain't going nowhere!
And yeah I second what dawn said, LIS is no biggie. Sometimes you get thrown a curveball like I did, but all in all it's not a huge deal in most cases. Hopefully you can get that plus the fistula sorted once and for all. And hey, since we're all getting surgery these days, may as well join the party and keep it going eh :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 21 Oct 2010, 17:01

Thanks Dawn,I've been in a worse surgery before when I got shot yrs.ago so I really have no fear of surgery.I have some anxiety as far as the healing goes especially since it's in the bum area but I'm actually excited to just get rid of this fistula since it has gotten worse.As for my fissure it's healed for the moment for all I know and it's acute in size thus the reluctancy for LIS for both my GS and CRS.Well NG my GP precribed me Ketaconazole and after a month of using it it eventually went away.Yours I can imagine is a lot tougher since your foreskin is preventing the area to stay dry and fungus thrives in moisture.You're definately gonna need the circumcision to get your "Lil NG"some air.BTW did you say surgery party?I'll bring an 18 pack of beer. Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Oct 2010, 19:18

Hey we've got vicodin, who the hell needs beer :) lol. Ya the moisture is indeed the problem. I've been blow drying the stupid thing to keep it dry (very sad), but no dice.
Ok if you got shot before then the fistula thing is gonna be a walk in the park. Damn dude, why didn't you say so earlier. Here we are, all like "hey don't worry Jeff, LIS is no big deal, you'll be alright" and the whole time you've had surgery for a bullet wound before. Haha. Alright I'm gonna stop whining about circumcision for a bit now, your gunshot + fistula is clearly a stronger hand than my LIS + circumcision lol.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 22 Oct 2010, 00:43

Lol ya I'm gonna want some of that Vicodin after surgery.As for surgery goes as long as they numb me up or put me to sleep I'm good to go.Recovery and especially how I'm going to deal with cleaning after a bm is what I'm more worried about.It's ok man you can tell me your apprehensions on your circumcision.I may not be the best guy to tell you not to be afraid but I understand.I'd figure by now though after going through LIS you would be less fearful of surgeries.But hell after recovering from a gun shot wound I still worry about recovery.When I got my wisdom tooth pulled out 5 yrs.ago I thought the pain from that was worse then when I got circumcised.I had a hard time eating,my cheeks were really swollen and the pain was unbearable even when I was on Vicodin.But from my experience with getting circumcised and knowing you've gone through LIS I know your going to be ok :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Oct 2010, 00:30

lol I got my wisdom teeth out in high school and thought it was the greatest thing ever. I remember feeling hilarious on the anesthesia and then doing nothing but taking painkillers and playing video games for like half a week. I guess I can still do that, but somehow it's not as appealing this time around Image
So what's up with the fistula surgery? Just a couple more days to go right? Monday is "show time" if I'm not mistaken? Hey look at it this way, it's gonna be surgery + Vicodin + couch for both of us just in time for basketball season!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 27 Oct 2010, 04:36

Well you had your wisdom tooth pulled out when you were young and the tooth hasn't turned over so they did yours local anesthesia.Mines were turned over already so general was a must.Hate general though because you feel like you only slept for only 2 minutes when you were out for hours Image Had my pre-op physical yesterday and good news is my GP told me my fissure is healed....for the moment and bad news is I have a tract opening an inch above it.Atleast it's not close too it but who knows once my GS starts checking it out.Monday is definately "show time",hopefully it's just to lay it open and not have to use the Cutting Seton because I've read on the net that it's really painful when the doc tightens it.Are you having your circumcision soon?Hopefully you picked out a nice moomoo to watch basketball in comfort Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Oct 2010, 16:08

lol for me it depends on the procedure. Anything with actual cutting, I'll take the general please :) It's kinda fun the first couple seconds before you conk out and them come to after the time warp.
Yeah I actually saw the "private parts doc" today and he says give the penis one more month. If it isn't better by then, then I'll be getting circumcised after Thanksgiving. Looking for a nice Lakers sarong to wear for the days after. I kinda just wanted to get the damn thing over with but the doc still thinks there's hope without going through the chop-chop...
It's good to hear that your fissure is history! Check off one problem at least. Yeah hopefully you don't need the cutting seton, that doesn't sound fun. Actually none of the setons, cutting, draining, etc. sound fun. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be able to repair it via debridement without a seton at all? One can hope anyway. Let us know how it goes, I think you'll be one of the few "fistula vets" here.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 28 Oct 2010, 01:51

Hopefully you can clear the damn fungus before then.My jock itch was really frustrating so I can only imagine what your going through.I'm surprised the doc just doesn't do it already considering it's a very simple procedure but I understand the slight more risk since you're already an adult.Well anyhow like I said about my fissure,it's healed for the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if I re-tear it somehow during the surgery or recovery process.Eh I probably won't even notice it since it's going to be a bloody situation down there.I will definately post my progress on the surgery section but I don't know when I'm going to be able to do it since my laptop is busted and I'm going to be staying at my moms for the recovery and she only has a desktop.As soon as I'm able to stand I suppose,not thinking of sitting down for a while.Btw thanks for talkng me into getting the surgery sooner.It was stupid of me think I can hold off on this since this thing has gone haywire on me the last two weeks.I'm feeling that I'm having this surgery 3 weeks too late.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist