Pain inside rectum

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain inside rectum

Postby afugh!! » 16 Oct 2010, 20:15

For the past couple of days I've been getting this pain inside my rectum at around the 3 o'clock position.Pretty tolerable but bothersome nontheless and the pain usually spikes when I bend over and lift something and or during a bm when I cut the stool.Not sure how I got this pain and one thing I'm thinking is I might have jabbed the rectum wall with a nail when I was applying nitro but the one thing I'm really worried about is it might be Fistula related.Don't know how though since my abcess and fistula is way on the otherside at the 10 o'clock position but I have read that a fistula tract can wrap around the rectum.Weird thing is I have not drained my abcess in 3 weeks and it has behaved and not filled up with puss which I usually drain about every two weeks.For the moment the abcess is pretty flat.Not sure if the abcess not filling up corelates with the pain I'm feeling in my rectum and from what I've read on fistulas I should only be feeling pain around the abcess.It maybe because of the finger nail thing and I'm not too worried since I'm having the fistula surgery on Nov.1st but I can't help but be a bit paranoid so if anyone can shed a light on what can possibly be going on with me down there it would be muched appreciated.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Pain inside rectum

Postby afugh!! » 17 Oct 2010, 00:48

I just had something burst right above the fissure between my butt cheeks.It's bleeding a lot but it seemed to have aleviated the pain from my rectum or it could just be I'm more preocupied with the bleeding for the moment.WTF is going here??!!Might be another fistula.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 17 Oct 2010, 23:21

Hey, hope you got it checked out already. Or that it's at least calmed down. Just kind of talking out of my rear here, but is it possible that the fistula formed another track leading away from the abscess? That would seem consistent with the fact that the pain is in a different place and the abscess hasn't needed draining. Maybe the bleeding is where the fistula is now draining from?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 18 Oct 2010, 15:47

Ya thats my fear right now.Now that I remembered I've seen a clear pimple like thing high on my butt crack before but didn't think of it as anything but my doctor didn't diagnose it the last time I visited him when it's clear as day and close to an inch above my fissure.I tried to feel around for a track/tunnel but couldn't feel anything and it's been leaking puss like crazy since Saturday and the pain from my rectum is gone since it burst.I have an appt. w/my GP next monday for my physical so I'm going to have him take a look down there and pray this thing stops leaking by tonight.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Oct 2010, 14:41

Damn dude. That does sound related to the fistula draining to me. It would explain why the pain subsided when it burst. Can they bump your surgery date up or anything? Doesn't sound like a nice thing to put up with for a few more weeks :(
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 19 Oct 2010, 16:53

Ya I felt around last night and it definately feels like another opening.I doubt I can bump the surgery sooner since it's only a little over two weeks away and they won't do the surgery w/out me doing the physical first and that was hard to schedule.I think I stopped the draining and I don't have any pain anymore so I just got to hold it down til Nov.1st.The one thing that pisses me off is why does it have to be right above my fissure.After surgery my butt is going to look like Wolverine shoved his fist up my arse with claws out.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 19 Oct 2010, 16:58

BTW NG how is everything w/you?Butt issues calmed down?How did the Circumcision go?
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Oct 2010, 18:53

Haha thanks for the excellent mental image! I'm guessing the fissure eventually led to the fistula, hence why they're neighbors. It's not unheard of :( Do you know if they're planning to do anything to the fissure while they're working on the fistula? Or is it a one-thing-at-a-time kind of thing?
My butt issues have, well, not gone away, but "stabilized." Not getting any worse (knock on wood), but not getting any better. Tolerable, let's put it that way.
No circumcision yet -- lol, thanks for asking. But I see the surgeon next Wednesday to get it scheduled. I've spent the last month on an elephant's dose of liver-destroying antifungal drugs and it hasn't done anything, so I'm out of options. My son had another surgery this morning, and everything went well, so that was the last thing I was waiting for before I got "little NG" cut. Definitely NOT looking forward to it, but dude 6 months with this problem is enough. It's definitely put a crimp in my lifestyle if you know what I mean.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 20 Oct 2010, 06:12

NG,
How is your son doing???????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Oct 2010, 18:53

Hey Cheryl, he's doing ok for the most part. Just needed a little adjustment to his g-tube. He's still not crawling, sitting, or making noises, and also has an optic nerve problem with one eye, but overall there hasn't been any real devastating news lately, which is nice. Hope things are going good with your kiddos as well!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure