lis/ skin tag removal today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: lis/ skin tag removal today

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2010, 09:03

I am praying and hopeful for a positive outcome for you!
What is the treatment for peri-anal crohn's if you do have it?

Postby cherylk » 22 Oct 2010, 14:08

Paul,
How old are you?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby PaulsPain » 23 Oct 2010, 07:52

Dawn-
The treatment is drugs to suppress the immune system. Steroids are common for short term use to get things under control. Crohn's is an autoimmune disease. Some of the drugs sound to have some nasty side effects. The one the surgeon mentioned, Remicade, that is really effective in closing fistula's has a black label warning about cancer risks. It is a biological that has to be infused over a 3 hour period. Surgery will be the other treatment when things come up like fistula's, abscess, etc. I think fissures will be an ongoing issue. I don't have the typical symptoms of Crohn's - diarrhea, abdominal pain, etc. If I do indeed have Crohn's then I may be in the 2-5% of people that have it only isolated in the peri-anal region.
Cheryl- I am 36. I first started battling my first fissure when 30.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby cherylk » 23 Oct 2010, 08:06

Paul,
My son has CD and takes the Humira shots in the leg every 2 weeks. That is an alternative to Remicaid infusions. On the positive side of CD, they are making great strides understanding the disease better and researching new and better treatments. As I recall you live in MN. They have GI docs at Mayos who only treat Crohn's patients.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 28 Oct 2010, 20:35

Praying for complete healing for you Paul. Image

Postby Guest » 28 Oct 2010, 20:56

Like your avatar Cheryl...Lol

Postby cherylk » 29 Oct 2010, 06:07

Thanks, Dawn!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2010, 10:36

2 Weeks tomorrow since LIS and my only regret is waiting so long to do it! I pigged out on some halloween candy last night(yikes) and all came out good Image
I've been sticking with my high fiber diet, stool softener and my baths faithfully.
Steve,NG,Cheryl, Miralax was the best advice I have taken from you guys. I can't believe I waited so long to give it a shot and NG, you were right about giving it a few days :). I had only taken it once or twice and couldn't see any difference than the docusate sodium (colace) until I took it a few days in a row.
For the first time in 2 weeks, I went to the grocery store and bought grocery's, went trick or treating with my grand daughter and little girl last night. All the little things that never seemed like a big deal before... But the best part is I did it with no pain or SPASMS!
I would like to say to future LIS-ers that I did have spasms for the first week after surgery and that sent me into panic thinking it didn't work but it is really not all that uncommon after having surgery but does go away.
My crs did say that it happens often when the muscle is cut and it would settle down. They prescribed me valium to help relax the muscle and that with hot baths did the trick.
Things have been going really good... I'm going to continue taking it easy and and relaxing as much as I can to keep the swelling down and continue moving forward. Image

Postby StevePain » 01 Nov 2010, 12:52

That's fantastic news dawn, I knew you wouldn't regret having LIS, keep treating your butt with respect and pamper it as much as possible by bathing regular, don't use TP after BM, use only cotton wool or fragrance free wipes.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2010, 14:02

Thank you! I definitely will never use tp again!