lis/ skin tag removal today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

lis/ skin tag removal today

Postby Guest » 19 Oct 2010, 14:00

Just thought I'd let you all know that my procedure is over. I had lis, skin tag removed and my fissure cauterized (sp?) at 1:00 today. Right now I'm not feeling anything but a little pressure. Took a vicodin at 2:30 since we had an hours drive home.
Just resting with my ice pack right now. Thank you all for the prayers and wonderful support.
Just one question: the pressure almost feels like i need to poop. Is the pressure normal?

Re: lis/ skin tag removal today

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Oct 2010, 14:40

Good to hear from you on the other side of LIS dawn!
After LIS, I didn't just have pressure, I actually *did* poop a bit involuntarily. So yep, I'd say it's nothing out of the ordinary :)
Get some rest and hope your GI and the painkillers play nice.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 428 » 19 Oct 2010, 15:37

Hey Dawn,
So glad you have this huge step behind you. Sounds like you came through it pretty well..
I had pressure too. I think it was just because everything was numbed up so much and it lasted for quite a while with me. My surgery was at 9am and I don't think I felt anything down there until late afternoon or early evening. I also had no control over gas in that time period. Whatever came along...went right out. Thankfully I didn't have a BM in that time.
Just rest and let whatever comes along happen. None of it will feel normal but you are on the road to healing. Take it easy and let us know in the next day or so how you are doing.
Deleted User 428

Postby afugh!! » 19 Oct 2010, 17:05

Thats great to hear Dawn.Happy face for you :D
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby PaulsPain » 19 Oct 2010, 19:18

Hey Dawn-
Glad to hear everything went well. :D
The pressure may be from packing? Not sure if they used any..... For me, I was very uncomfortable until I passed the packing about midnight of the day when I had the LIS. It was a huge relief
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby StevePain » 20 Oct 2010, 13:19

Same for me, I think the pressure was from the gauze packing which I passed the next day, it was very uncomfortable and felt like a BM was lodged in my rectum.
It's great news that you're finally through it dawn, you can now get on the road to recovery, take it easy!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2010, 14:37

Well, it's been a little over 24 hours since my surgery and all seems to be going pretty well. I took my first bath this morning, removed the gauze( it was pressed against the out side) and had my first bm this afternoon. The bm surprised me, I was expecting it to be painful but it really wasn't at all. It hurt much worse before the surgery yesterday.
I really can't say that this surgery has been painful at this point, I would say it's more of a soreness and honestly most of the discomfort is where the skin tag was removed, but nothing close to a bad fissure day.
Right now I am just laying around, eating, soaking and ice pack... Taking it easy. I stopped the vicodin today and started taking advil. Image

Postby Deleted User 428 » 20 Oct 2010, 18:31

Great to hear Dawn.
I was surprised at my first bm also. Piece of cake compared to before the surgery. In fact every one after that was the same way. It was kind of strange but it felt like things were coming out in a different spot than before. Anyway, almost 4 weeks after the surgery and things have tightened up a little so its feeling back to normal again.
Continue to take it easy. Let everyone pamper you. It will be a good week or two before you start feeling back to your old self again but you are well on your way.
Take care.
Deleted User 428

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Oct 2010, 18:51

dawn, you're "da man"! It's great to hear that things are going so well Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby New mum » 20 Oct 2010, 19:42

Great to hear everything is going well for you Dawn!
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38