Any advice would be great

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Any advice would be great

Postby mrkipling8 » 29 Oct 2010, 07:14

Hi,
I have suffered with AF for about a year now and was due for surgery only for it to be cancelled due to a problem with Lockjaw.
Does anyone know any way to help stop the bleeding so much? For the past month i have found that my F has been bleeding alot more than normal, to the extent were the whole bowl is full of blood. It is also worrying as this is now also happening when i pass wind, which has never happened before.
I am also suffering with really bad lower back pain. Has anyone experienced this when suffering with AF?
Thanks.
mrkipling8

Topics: 1

Re: Any advice would be great

Postby StevePain » 29 Oct 2010, 08:47

Welcome to the board...
I can't answer about the blood since I have never bled with my fissure but can relate to the lower back pain, it's on the left side towards the hip and has been for over 2 years, I put it down to the way I've been sitting for the duration of my rectal pain I.E. On one cheek or leaning.
Good Luck.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 29 Oct 2010, 09:02

Hi Mr.Kipling8,
I never had much blood with my fissure, but I did have it once when I passed wind while pushing.
Are you taking a stool softner and eating plenty of fiber? I think harder poops or straining would cause more blood or tearing. Also be sure and not push with gas or bms or eat sharp foods that can scrape.
I did have some lower back pain but I thought it may have been from setting weird because I never sat directly on my butt if I could help it.
Have you had a colonoscopy? If there's pain with the blood then it's probably the fissure tearing.

Postby Philber » 29 Oct 2010, 20:43

I had a fissure and several hemmorhoids. I don't know if it was the fissure or the roids, but I would often fill a toilet bowl with blood. It was very distressing, and I became borderline anemic as a result. It's actually not as bad as it looks - the blood mixes with the water and makes it look like there's tons of blood. If you cut yourself in the bathtub or in a pool, it's the same thing.
For me, the regular routine which helped my fissure and my roids was best for minimizing the blood. Fibre, water, Miralax, rest, exercise, no alcohol. That said, sometimes it would bleed like hell anyways.
I bled like that right up until I had surgery. Three months later now - no blood at all.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3