Botox at 11 MST

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox at 11 MST

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 09:30

Hi there you wonderful people! And I mean that sincerely. I think you are the only ones who can truly understand the level of anxiety, watchfulness, stress, and the highs and lows of this affliction.
On that note and with great thankfulness for you people, I wanted to ask for your prayers (in which I believe srongly), good thoughts, whatever this morning. I have been praying that the Dr. be well and well rested, that he put just the right amount and in the exact place it needs to be, etc... that he not sneeze, cough, or hiccup as someone else on this site so humorously stated and that I not sneeze, cough, or hiccup. In the last two days, I have of course been better. But last Saturday and the other mainly bad days before that cannot convince me as in the past that this nightmare is going away without some assistance. That said, I do believe the healing process has already begun through the renewed us of the Nefedipine and what my accupuncturists are doing. They help me be strong, too.
I will keep you posted for those considering this treatment. And I want to change my profile name to just Bambi and not Bambifissure to separate myself from the issue in my mind.
Bambi was a college nickname by the way- I always, and still do, tend to have that "oh gee" or "deer in the headlights" demeanor.
In the past two days, I have dropped or spilled 5 things. I must be more nervous than I have allowed myself to believe. Image
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Botox at 11 MST

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2010, 10:59

Hey Bambi,
Just want you to know my prayers are with you today :)
I believe God is what got me through this whole situation.
The days before and of my surgery, I prayed for God's hands to be my surgeons hands on that day. I had a prayer cloth that all the ladies at my church sent to me because I was unable to go for sometime while having my fissure prior to my surgery and I put it in my pillow case before my surgery.
I am a strong believer in the power of prayer and positive thinking...
I think the name change would be appropriate, lol :) I think my fissure gave me the deer in the headlight look for 8 months,LOL
Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.
I'm clueless about the procedure you're having but will be here to support you as much as I can by what I've read. Hopefully NG will be helpful as he has had it before.
Take care!

Postby StevePain » 16 Nov 2010, 11:10

Best of luck with the Botox....
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Nov 2010, 13:00

Bambi, hope it went well today. You might be a bit sore for a day or two afterward but other than that Botox shouldn't have too many side effects. It takes a while to see any improvement from it (maybe a week or two at the earliest) so be patient :)
BTW if you want to change your profile name to simply "Bambi" please confirm and I'll give it a go for you.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 18:45

So many thanks for the support this morning. Without you guys, my husband, my daughter, and my sister I don't know what I would do. Oh and this new CRS!
So I got to the hospital right at my check-in time of 10AM and was sent next door to the surgery area. I filled out a few sheets of paper and waited only a short time. Since my doc doesn't put you out or anything for the botox, there was no prep and very little do do before we started. I did ask if it was ok if I went ahead and took some Ibuprofen and was given the go ahead. The nurse came back and asked me a lot of questions- the standards. I was increasingly getting nervous and I had my typed out list of questions. They encouraged me to ask them first. The Dr. was very kind when he came in- more warm than I remember him. I told him that things were beginning to get better in the last few days and he said he thought the Nefidipine was probably starting to help and he thought this was definitely the best way to go as my body does seem to want to heal, but needs something else to really get it past the point of re-tearing.He stated that 50% that receive botox go on to not recur and that I should focus on being in that 50% since I am already on the road to healing some. I believe that, I really do!
So he stepped out while I took off my jeans, undies and put on a nice warm blanket. He had me lay on the table facing the wall- wow no fancy eye level equipment like I was prepared for. I even brought something to tie my hair up! He said he would tell me everything he was doing and I expected that- what I consider telling everything is more like my acupuncture folks who say ok- the needle is on the skin, take a breath and blow it out. Now- 1, 2...
His was talking about that he was going to inject and then out of the blue I felt what I would call a slight punch. It scared me because I jerked a little and I didn't want to mess him up. He assurred me that he was expecting a jump and was prepared for it. He then said, ok, one more and did the other side. This time, I didn't move an inch! But I'm sure that was all ok. Just interesting the communication styles and how we interpret them.
So I had said to my hubbie that we should go by the grocery store and then take turkeys and stuff to the Denver Rescue Mission (there was an article in the paper about them needing stuff this morning). He was like- I think we should get you home. I do have to confess that I took one of his Ativans earlier to ease my anxiety.
Then my daughter texted that she was at our house. When I got home, she had made a wonderful pumpkin cake, delicious home-made chicken soup with lots of veggies, and she made me one of the comfort foods I made her when she was little- an egg sandwich.
After she left to go teach a lesson, I went down and talked to my husband about some financial stuff- basically he was giving me numbers to write down and add up while I was on the couch down in the basement. I kept dosing off. Then I came up and got on the couch and put the heating pad under me, got the dog on top of me, and started to watch Dr. Phil (at 3). Next thing I know, it is snowing and blowing outside, dark, and 5 PM!
So far, I did have a bowel movement after lunch and it was fine. I may have the slightest soreness on the side where I jumped. That may be a muscle that I contracted. The bowel movement was ok (as was the one this morning!). So I'm glad to have yet another thing behind me and feel I am on a good path!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2010, 19:36

Image Image Congrats on getting your botox Bambi!
Sounds like you did great! Keep thinking positive and that food your daughter made sounds delicious, it's made me hungry...lol

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 20:07

My daughter is a very good cook and a sweet young woman. She is 23, married, in graduate school, and lives nearby. I got back on the straight and narrow this afternoon, having some more soup and some more veggies, brown rice and a banana. Have been good about my water, too.
What is the best way to change your user name? I tried earlier and it didn't look easy
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2010, 06:44

You are very blessed. I have two daughters in college. One's going to be a teacher and the other is a radiology tech. I also have a six year old girl and a granddaughter who's 7 months. My son is my oldest who is 25.
I think NG said something in the post above about changing your name? Maybe pm him and ask?!

Postby cherylk » 17 Nov 2010, 06:51

Yes, Bambi, NG can do anything, so I am sure he can change your user name!! He's a smartie (pants) Image
At Mayo's if ointments don't work, they try Botox next (at least that is what they were doing a couple of years ago when I checked with them about treating AF's). They lean on the side of conservatism there (as regards LIS and treatments in general).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46