Also 2 days post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Also 2 days post op

Postby Deleted User 437 » 06 Dec 2010, 11:29

Thanks Dawn,
The Valium definitely helps....haven't had an issue with spasms since I started taking it yesterday.
Fiberup
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2010, 15:04

Good to hear!! It made my recovery much easier.
Hope things continue to go well for you :)

Postby Deleted User 437 » 07 Dec 2010, 15:18

Now 5 days post LIS and feeling good. Not 100% yet but I'd say about 80 to 85%. I still have some pain at the incision site after the morning BM (which is the only one I have throughout the day), but this wasn't quite as bad this morning as it was the last few days. Anyways it goes away after a bath. I have felt some short spurts of pain at the fissure site occassionally, but they are very brief.
Also this morning due to an administrative issue, I had to drive myself to the doctor's office (about 20 minutes both ways), and surprisingly I had very little if any discomfort. I was really shocked. I'm still worried that the fissure will act up again at some point, but obviously that's going to be on my mind for a long long time.
Overall, so far (crossing my fingers for myself and everyone else who's had this surgery) this has worked out better than I could have hoped for. Right now I'm just looking forward to the morning where it doesn't hurt at all. Based on my experience thus far, I highly recommend the surgery.
Fiberup
Deleted User 437