Cushion for bath tub?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Cushion for bath tub?

Postby William » 11 Dec 2010, 17:21

I don't take many baths because sitting on the hard tub is uncomfortable and I haven't been able to find anything good to use for a cushion. Have any of you found something good to use, or do you not have any problem with just the tub? Thanks!
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Cushion for bath tub?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Dec 2010, 19:12

I'm ok with just the tub. After LIS I didn't sit flat on my butt though. I kind of did a little lean thing (basically a slight tilt that puts more pressure on one cheek than the other lol) so that I avoided the sore spot. What happens if you try to sit on your side as opposed to flat?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Dec 2010, 19:13

Also, you probably already know this, but there are sitz baths that you can buy which fit over your toilet. That way your bottom won't have to touch anything at all, it's just like sitting on the toilet. They're pretty cheap, I picked one up a long time ago for about $12 (although I didn't end up using it much).
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby William » 11 Dec 2010, 20:24

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Also, you probably already know this, but there are sitz baths that you can buy which fit over your toilet. That way your bottom won't have to touch anything at all, it's just like sitting on the toilet. They're pretty cheap, I picked one up a long time ago for about $12 (although I didn't end up using it much).

I had one just like that I used every day for a while, but after not using it for about a week I became convinced that the awkward sitting on it was doing more harm than good. But, I could have been wrong.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cagirl » 11 Dec 2010, 21:30

They do make blow up cushions for the tub.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2010, 00:44

[quote="William"
I had one just like that I used every day for a while, but after not using it for about a week I became convinced that the awkward sitting on it was doing more harm than good. But, I could have been wrong.[/quote]
William, I've never used a sitz bath but I always wondered if it wouldn't cause more pressure on the bottom sitting on a toilet for 20 minutes, so it makes sense to me that you felt better after stopping them, plus how do you keep the water warm for 20 minutes which is what I've been told is the right amount of time to get the blood flow going down there?! Are you able to lay in the tub or like Ng said on one cheek? That worked best for me.

Postby William » 12 Dec 2010, 15:31

Guest wrote:...how do you keep the (sitz bath) water warm for 20 minutes which is what I've been told is the right amount of time to get the blood flow going down there?!

They come with a bag that you fill and hang on the wall or something.
I tried baths with the "lean" when I first got the fissure, but didn't find it comfortable. But it may be better than the sitz bath. I'll have to try again.
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2010, 21:42

Thanks William. Hoping I never need one again...
Good luck with the bath. I suspect laying or leaning in the bath can be more of a challenge for men. I wished so many times with my fissure I had a Hot Tub.

Postby William » 15 Dec 2010, 09:58

What I ended up doing is cutting/ripping the suction cups off of a bath mat like the one in the link below and folding it over a couple of times.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=11915426
William
Proctosphincteranalogist