I need HELP!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I need HELP!!!

Postby Cagirl » 14 Dec 2010, 17:08

All the best to you Spila!
Do you have a heating pad or sitz bath? I liked the heating pad better, I just didn't have time for the sitz bath and it just didn't make sense to me to split my rear more and for 20 minutes at a time, but hey that's just me.
Good luck!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Spila » 20 Dec 2010, 00:53

hey everyone!!
everything went welL!!!
i had my LIS and a skin tag removed..
it was pretty uncomfortable the next two days buut no where near as painful as before!!!
it has been 3 and a half days and i have been out most of the day running errands with my two little girls and i am all good ay.. i didnt have any pain killers at all..
im a little swallon still and hope that it will go down..
i havent be incontinent at all not even with gas. so i am counting my blessing! i am soo stoked to have had LIS!!!
i am a new girl! :)
Spila
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Cagirl » 20 Dec 2010, 08:27

Oh Spila, I'm so so thrilled for you!!!! Congratulations and all the best for your recovery!
Hmmm....maybe I'll get out too a little this week with my kids! :)
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2010, 14:32

Congrats on your new butt Spila!!
Take care of yourself and stay off your feet as much as you can so that your recovery continues to go well:)

Postby happyass » 20 Dec 2010, 22:04

Yay Spila!!!
You give me some encouragement for my upcoming procedure next month!
I am dreading the skin tag removal the most so I am glad that went well.
Here's to continued happy healing! Please keep us posted.
Take care and don't over do it too much...but I am thrilled you are doing wonderfully.
Big hugs,
Happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 Dec 2010, 22:53

Hey Spila, just wanted to wish you well for your upcoming surgery :) We'll be thinking of you! We actually have a lot of folks going in for surgery in January, so you'll be in good company. A lot of ummm asses healing together I guess? Image
BTW the #1 concern of anyone going into LIS is indeed the risk of permanent incontinence. The things you read about it are scary for sure. I was SUPER WORRIED about it before surgery myself. But the risk is extremely low, and of all the people on this board who have had LIS, I don't recall ever hearing about it happening even once. Short term leakage or drainage, or temporary gas incontinence, yes -- I wouldn't consider that rare. Some people never experience it, some people do for a bit, but it has eventually subsided for everyone that I can recall here. Embarrassingly, I actually "had one slip out" (as in an actual poop) on my way back from the hospital in the car, but definitely no continence issues at all now. You're right to be worried about complications, but try not to focus too much on the incontinence risk because it's almost certainly not going to happen. You'll be just fine. Go over the details of how to take care of yourself during recovery, what you'll be eating, what to expect after surgery, what you plan to do if you can't drive or carry heavy things or simply need to take it easy, etc., but not the incontinence bit.
BTW what part of Australia? I made it out there a couple of years ago. Visited the oft-traveled "tourist triangle" of Sydney, Cairns/Port Douglas, and Ayer's Rock. Beautiful place! Friend of mine from here actually just loved to Melbourne because he was so in love with the place after visiting on vacation. Just think, in a month or so, after LIS you'll be doing well "down under." Alright, just couldn't resist the cheesy pun Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45