LIS recovery question

Will I still be able to walk around?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS recovery question

Postby Bloodybum » 18 Jun 2019, 08:30

How much walking will I be able to do in the days/weeks following an LIS procedure?

I developed sciatica as a result of being fairly couch bound for the last three months or so due to fissure pain, and walking for as much of the day as possible is one of the best therapies for sciatica. I was not shy about signing up for LIS a few weeks ago because I wasn't able to walk all that much because of the fissure anyway. But over the last few weeks I actually seem to have improved a lot and the fissure hasn't stopped me from walking at all.

So I'm considering canceling, especially if the surgery means I'll be immobilized for several days. I just don't like that I'd be one bad fissure flare up from desperately regretting a cancellation. I will be discussing this with my doc but just thought I'd get the reactions of you fine folks first.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: LIS recovery question

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 18 Jun 2019, 09:29

i don't know since every person is different but from my own experience, when i had my first LIS, i only felt slightly sore for about one day. i felt completely normal after.
but with my second LIS, which i had last week, i had bad pain for about 4 days... i was finally able to walk and sit comfortably by day 5 with only a little soreness.
Deleted User 4536

Postby Abu » 18 Jun 2019, 09:34

I'd say you won't regret cancelling in the long run. There will be setbacks for sure, you must be aware of this, but you can get over it especially after all this time where you learned what works and what doesn't. if you managed to feel good without surgery you really have a chance to live a normal life even if you have to be carefull with your diet, exercise and anxiety levels maybe for good. From my point of view it's worth trying. I only recommend surgery to people who find no relief trying other methods.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Bloodybum » 18 Jun 2019, 16:54

Thank you guys, good things to consider. Hopefully will hear back from doc before scheduled date.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Postby Bloodybum » 19 Jun 2019, 20:48

Well I've postponed the procedure. Scheduled for early August now, plenty more time to heal if it's gonna heal. If not the procedure is in the books.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 19 Jun 2019, 21:49

Good luck on your chosen path. Be confident.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Bloodybum » 19 Jun 2019, 22:13

Thanks Abu. I'm quite confident this is the right choice for where I am now. And thanks in general, you've been a big help to me during this time.
Bloodybum
Salt Bather