20 Pre-op LIS Questions to discuss with CRS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 20 Pre-op LIS Questions to discuss with CRS

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Dec 2010, 07:00

So you have seen the CRS and surgery is scheduled now, is that right? LIS and L&S removal? When is the big day? Will it be over the holidays?
I wonder if the stress isn't getting to you just since the pain drops when you get home? Without spasms, why do you need the LIS? Will it relieve tightness?
Good luck Happy, and please keep us informed! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 27 Dec 2010, 23:13

hello kim. hope u had a happy, merry xmas!!! i hear there was lots of snow in your area!
yes i saw a new CRS. i like her a lot. she is totally alpha female and that is a turn on!!! LOL.
so i do have the date set for Jan 19 @ 9 am but check-in at 8 am. i expect to be out of work for the remainder of the week. altho after today's talk with the doc, she remains optimistic that i would be at work the following week....um, i am taking the next week off too...but i am hoping to be back in the office at least by the end of jan 31 into first week of feb. we'll see.
my surgery will consist of:
1. open LIS without stitches - she says she makes such a tiny cut that there won't be a need for stitches - she specializes in minimally, invasive surgery and thus she totally is conservative with her procedures
2. my skin tag, Laverne and Shirley, will be leaving the factory for good! the skin tag will be sent to a lab for further look to make sure that it indeed is nothing else but a skin tag. so i am really hoping that yes, it is nothing but that too. no stitches at this site. makes me wonder but i know L&S is big - in my head....i just can't see it being left open.
3. my past caught up to me....so back in 95 i got treated for some warts on my butt area. so looks like some have resurfaced - but they are extremely flat - not even protruding. so she said she would take care of those. either the skin will be excised or burned.
4. before all of the above get's done, she is going to take a good look inside via flexible sigmoidoscopy to make sure that i don't have any warts in the anal canal and further in. if she finds any, she will take care of accordingly.
i had a good talk with her today.
the LIS procedure seems the less scary but the other two for some reason feel more scary.
and to even be more embarrassed, she is going to shave my ass herself! Image but i will be out in twilight land by then.
since i am leaving to japan tomorrow, she set me up with some lidocaine ointment 5% and diltiazem 2%.
i just feel like she is the right one. it's bizarre, but she is a very attractive woman. i can't get her outta my mind.
so i hope really i can still maintain this level of calm because i am not too wigged out and it just feels like it is the right time to address these issues.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 27 Dec 2010, 23:48

Happy, I was terrified when my doc told me I should have my skin tag removed too. I prayed that all I would need is LIS.
I understand your fears but I think you may be surprised. You've been on this board along time and have more knowledge than most people about how to take care of yourself after this surgery. I have no doubt, you'll be fine.
Mine was just sore, nothing too bad. I would count the weeks and each one showed improvement. Before week three I was shopping all day at the mall.
I had a little scare with the swelling a few weeks back and what looked like a mini version of the tag that was removed come up, but it has disappeared again and didn't really do much but scare the mess out of me.
I'm just so glad I didn't back out of having mine removed because it was an option for me to leave it also. It was very painful for me before LIS and I think it would have caused me problems had I not had it removed...
I believe I read in the older posts that Cheryl (the creator of this forum) and Gizmo(older poster that you may already know) had skin tags removed with their LIS too and they both seemed to have did fine:) I think you have made a good decision to get rid of all the butt problems at once and you deserve to be free of all this!:)

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jan 2011, 16:55

So sorry to hear that you are still suffering : (((.
I hope that surgery will bring you complete and forever healing
: ))) !!!!!
I had 2 tags removed, as you know, and one healed very fast and the other one took it's sweet time - about 5, 6weeks, I forgot Image
BUT, I was in pain maybe 4 weeks and spasms stopped by week 3 , I think ... Valium was a MUST - so you are very smart to ask for it ahead !!!! BUT, everybody is different, I am sure there are a TON of people that do not have spasms Image AND, I had some other cuts - so maybe it was not tag that caused all of that "commotion" in my butt.
My CRS advised me to have soaks and keep the area ULTRA clean and I did which promoted fast healing without any infection !!!! I would STRONGLY advise anybody having surgery of any kind down there to really keep that area clean.
Soaks were advised regardless of BMs. I would have a soak, dry myself with a towel, look at my anus , clean it some extra with a q-tip dipped in a Balneol cream - you would be surprised what still "lingers" after all of that washing and soaking. Change as many q-tips as you need until they come "off" white !!!
Vaseline was also very helpful with keeping that area protected from irritation. Even now I use it any time I do any serious exercise or something. Keep moisture off the butt : ))))) and there is no "chafing" ; ).
Hope my input was of some help.
Wishing you safe and fast surgery and fantastically fast healing !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61