Going through some hard times with this fissure problem.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Going through some hard times with this fissure problem.

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2011, 10:11

Hey Paininthea$$,
I'd cut the colace out entirely, then give it about three days and see how things go, then if the miralax is still causing too many bm's, I'd slowly taper down on the amount- and give it about three days again to see the results...

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2011, 10:13

ps..I just want to add always do it slowly, nothing dramatic like 1/2 a dose. I'd say cut out tsp's at a time on the miralax and always give things a few days before making any observations.

Postby Paininthea$$ » 16 Jan 2011, 15:40

I'm afraid to change anything. Over the last few day's. I've been feeling a lot of pressure on my anus after a BM. This has given me the urge to PUSH! This has caused me more pain over the last few days. The pain mainly consists of muscle spasms. I'm on muscle relaxers and Ibuprofen 800mg as well as lidocaine. The lidocaine doesn't seem to work for me!?! In fact after applying the gel, I get an extreme burning feeling till I wipe it all off. Another concern that I have is the narrowing of my anal canal. I asked my doctor about this and he informed me that it's part of the healing process. For some reason I'm not buying it! Image
P.S. I want to thank everyone for all their help and recommendations. You guys are GREAT! Image
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2011, 18:15

Hey Pain,
sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. That pressure feeling probably has something to do with the spasms. Image
It's really imperative that you don't push!! I'm not sure about the narrowing of the anal canal but since you have a fissure and just had the hems removed, I would imagine things aren't going to be right until everything's healed completely. The swelling from the hem surgery probably caused the fissure?! Now the spasms from the fissure can cause the stools to be narrow, I would imagine.
I've never used the lidocaine. That just sucks that it's burning you and your getting no relief with that.
How is your hem surgery recovery going besides the stupid fissure? Did your doctor say how it's healing?

Postby Paininthea$$ » 16 Jan 2011, 22:34

The hem surgery is moving along. It's been 8 weeks since my surgery. Other then this fissure, Today, I found that the fissure is on the outer part of my anus. Has anyone had any luck with quickly healing this problem?
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Postby Bumbutt » 17 Jan 2011, 02:58

It sounds like you might need rectogesic or diltiazem (the medicine depends on where you are - UK/Europe or N.America or ???).
I have also had hemorrhoids and a fissure since early november. The lidocaine did nothing. Of course the strength of it here is less than in US, I think. Still, it didn't help me. The rectogesic supposedly takes some time to take effect, I read elsewhere (like a week or more), so the cramps won't go away immediately.
Just during this past week I've started to catch glimpses of a normal life again. So quick healing it hasn't been. But I do think it's healing. I've followed all the advice on this site, and included my own self-prescribed couch-rest. I think that without following these things, I wouldn't be seeing this progress.
Can you call your doctor to get an AF ointment? I guess that's what I would do if I were you. My doctor also prescribed lidocaine at first, but when I called back and complained of the pain, she prescribed the rectogesic right away.
Then hopefully you'll feel better soon!
Last edited by Bumbutt on 17 Jan 2011, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add text
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Paininthea$$ » 17 Jan 2011, 08:32

Thanks BumButt! I was also prescribed nitroglycerin. It was going good till this week when the doctor said that it was ok to stop. I feel that his decision was premature. I am going to ask him if it's ok to resume with the nitroglycerin medicine.
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Postby StevePain » 17 Jan 2011, 09:58

Just keep using it if it helps, not all doctors realise what rectal pain feels like, and they don't all know what they're on about, trust me I speak from experience LOL
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Paininthea$$ » 18 Jan 2011, 11:34

Last night, I hurt myself during a BM. For the first time in a while, I bled and hurt like crazy because of a pasty BM. The pain lasted close to 3 hours till I finally fell asleep close to 1:30 am. This morning I was still soar then I had to pass my morning BM. It wasn't as bad as last night. However, I was still painful. My anus has been really soar since last night. This is keeping me from doing much walking. It's times like this that make me want to get the LIS surgery. It's been two months for me and little signs of getting back to 100%. I am so over this f'n fissure!! Image
Paininthea$$
Fibre Addict

Postby Bumbutt » 19 Jan 2011, 02:56

I hear you!
What a slow and up and down path it seems to be!
I don't know, but I am learning to expect some bad days mixed in with the ok days.
Are you at least feeling better in general this week as compared to one month ago?
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7