New member looking for support

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member looking for support

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2011, 10:19

Hey CMC,
Talk about a case of bad luck! Kidney stones with a fissure= hell on earth:(
Good Luck Friday!! You're on your way to getting that butt healed!! Image

Postby scaredy_butt » 13 Jan 2011, 14:22

Jenn-
Wishing you all the best tomorrow. I am also a 30 year old female, scheduled for LIS and skin tag removal on Jan. 25th. I`m getting more nervous as the time gets near, but I am also feeling a sense of hope. I am really looking forward to being done with all this because I too have been dealing with fissures for years (like 13 years or more) I just didn`t know what the problem was until about 3 years ago. I am really trying to keep a positive attitude that things will turn out well because I think your mental outlook plays a big role in recovery. I`m expecting some pain for the first few weeks and my husband has suggested I buy some Depends to wear for the first few days (I`m not really looking forward to that part!) The thing I am most worried about in the incontinence thing. I really don`t want to spend the rest of my life worrying that I will pass wind or worse everytime I stand up or sneeze or cough etc.
Anyways, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and will be anxious to read your first post and see how things went and how you are feeling. We can recover together and figure out how to deal with any setbacks we encounter along the way! Try to get a good sleep tonight and trust that all will work out in the end (pun TOTALLY intended!) :D
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby callmecrazy » 13 Jan 2011, 19:55

Awww, Scaredy_butt, you got yourself a deal! We can get this through this together! And for the record, I think I need your username tonight. I'm scared out of my mind right now. I just hope I can get some sleep. T-minus 12 hours until they come at my lower-half with sharp objects!
On a not-so-funny note though, I had one last BM today and boy-o-boy was it a big, fat, painful FU from my body! I just toughed through it and thought to myself - "oh we'll see who wins this war..." Image
callmecrazy
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby scaredy_butt » 13 Jan 2011, 20:19

Just remember that you will be asleep and won't feel or remember a thing. That makes me feel better. I had a sigmoidoscopy with no anaesthesia and that was bad, then about a year later I had a colonoscopy under conscious sedation and it was lovely! I didn't feel or remember a thing. Of course my LIS will be different because I will have some pain and stuff afterwards, but after what we have been through it will all be worth it! My problem now is not so much pain anymore, it's the bleeding that gets me. I think my fissure(s) are so chronic that they don't hurt as much anymore, I am still sore after a BM for a few hours, but nothing like I was when they were new, but now I often have a lot of bleeding. My hemoglobin and ferritin are always low, but iron supplements don't help because of the constipation. I did however find a liquid iron supplement at a health food store, it's called Floradix (here in Canada anyways) and it doesn't taste too bad. It doesn't seem to have any of the side effects of the pills. I'm getting off topic here sorry. I don't even know if bleeding is a major problem for you.
Back to the topic at hand. Do you have anything that you could take to help you sleep tonight? Things are never as bad as what we set ourselves up for. We will both be fine and we will be so glad we finally bit the bullet and had the surgery. I just know it. I will just need someone to remind me of this as my surgery gets closer. LOL.
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Postby scaredy_butt » 13 Jan 2011, 20:20

Oh, and what kind of prep are you having to do before surgery? I haven't got any instructions yet so I'm kinda curious.
I love your comment about winning the war with your butt! You go girl!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Postby happyass » 13 Jan 2011, 20:29

ah, well then we are all part of the january 2011 LIS surgery club...
first callmecrazy, 1-14
then happyass, 1-19
and then scaredy_butt, 1-25
i know i am not alone in this. i am still not stressing about this like i thought i would. but it is less than a week away.
callmecrazy, i hope you can sleep well tonight but considering that you are going to have surgery and i am assuming u will be put under twilight or more anesthesia, it probably won't be a good idea to induce sleep using medication tonight.
do you have a pet or significant other that can console you, maybe give you some good foot rubs, scalp massage, and just hold you tight tonight?
not sure if you are catholic, but if yes, pray a rosary or two.
another way to look at it is this....we see lots of people endure painful plastic surgeries..i try to say that i this is like having plastic surgery for my ass...so that it will be amazingly beautiful! LOL.
try to find some humor to calm down.
sounds like you got a great doctor who explained it all and just take it easy.
good luck tomorrow.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby callmecrazy » 13 Jan 2011, 20:55

scaredy_butt - Thank goodness, there's no "prep" a-la a colonoscopy. Basically, I just can't eat/drink anything after midnight, although I've pretty much cut myself off since dinner to avoid nausea with anesthesia. Also, when I go in tomorrow, they will do one blood test, a pregnancy test I believe, and with that they'll take me back for anesthesia.
happyass - I'm sorry you have to go through this too, but we can all get through this together for sure. I'll try to provide as much detail as I can. And as for comforting, I have a wonderful husband that's been great through all of this. I also have 3 cats that are obsessive over me, so they'll undoubted be on top of me all night.
Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news!
callmecrazy
Salt Bather

Topics: 4