Botox and Dilation

CAF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox and Dilation

Postby Biscuit1011 » 16 Jul 2021, 01:45

I have 2 chronic anal fissures and 2 new fissures (acquired in the last month) and I am miserable. I had fisurrectomy for the chronic ones 9 years ago and it was a huge mistake. Severe pain and I wasn’t able to heal until I started taking Miralax. I’ve been able to manage those two fissures for the past 9 years with Miralax but the time between flares has been shorter and shorter. Until last month when I had a colonoscopy and the CRS gave me two new fissures and said I also had stenosis. She recommended flap surgery which I’m extremely hesitant about since I was also just diagnosed with RA a couple months ago. Huge wounds in an area with fecal matter and a compromised immune system doesn’t sound like a good idea. So now I’m scheduled for Botox and ditaltion next Tuesday and I’m terrified I’m going to make the situation even worse. I’m always paralyzed by fear in this subject. Wanting to do anything to relieve the pain but also terrified to make it worse. I’ve considered a colostomy since this has stolen about a decade of my life.
Biscuit1011
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Botox and Dilation

Postby Ginger55 » 17 Jul 2021, 00:09

Hey,

Could you try at home dilation first?
Ginger55
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Biscuit1011 » 17 Jul 2021, 00:12

Hi Ginger55

Thanks for replying. My spasming is so bad that I think it’s impossible to get anything in there. I have 4 active fissures. When I had my last colonoscopy the CRS said she had a hard time getting even one finger in and when I woke up I had two new fissures. She said I have scar tissue but not in the muscle. She said she felt a web of tissue and that it was unusual. I’m terrified dilation will make things worse but I’ve asked two surgeons and they said it doesn’t. And they won’t do LIS on me. It’s all very frustrating and confusing.
Biscuit1011
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby tonymontano » 27 Oct 2022, 14:09

Hi, do you have any updates?

I've been suffering with anal fissure, very severe chronic one. I was able to heal twice but it came up ..
I'm very disciplined ..but last time fissure came back with revenge.
I'm eating only fruits and veggies from blender... and managed to decrease my pain significantly .. but I have a big problem pooping.
My stool is near perfect ice cream.. but still it has to squeeze through. It is that tight that it is impossible to push finger through.
Diltaezem cream might relax anus spasm.. but when I try to insert the finger it seems super bulky there, plus fissure is at 3pm(or 9pm)
.. the bulkiness does not go away .. last 40 days.. Worries me it's something else..
I can insert care fully very small injection with tons of lubrication with coconut oil, but finger .. it's impossible.
I went to colon surgeon and he says the fissure does not look bad and because of stiffness he says he'll try in 4 weeks.
I have another surgeon to take a look next week.
Really worries me ..

I can function .. after stool.. ibuprofen and the pain is manageable.. but I"m afraid that as the time goes the stenosis is worse or maybe tumour.. cancer ...
7 months ago when I had my first hell with anal fissure I did colonoscopy

.. and it came up clean with minor internal hemorrhoids... but that was 7 months ago.

I was so focused on fissure and management of extreme, long term pain... but now I'm not sure that is the only problem.

Anybody?
tonymontano

Topics: 1

Postby Rich44 » 14 Nov 2022, 22:33

tonymontano wrote:Hi, do you have any updates?

I've been suffering with anal fissure, very severe chronic one. I was able to heal twice but it came up ..
I'm very disciplined ..but last time fissure came back with revenge.
I'm eating only fruits and veggies from blender... and managed to decrease my pain significantly .. but I have a big problem pooping.
My stool is near perfect ice cream.. but still it has to squeeze through. It is that tight that it is impossible to push finger through.
Diltaezem cream might relax anus spasm.. but when I try to insert the finger it seems super bulky there, plus fissure is at 3pm(or 9pm)
.. the bulkiness does not go away .. last 40 days.. Worries me it's something else..
I can insert care fully very small injection with tons of lubrication with coconut oil, but finger .. it's impossible.
I went to colon surgeon and he says the fissure does not look bad and because of stiffness he says he'll try in 4 weeks.
I have another surgeon to take a look next week.
Really worries me ..

I can function .. after stool.. ibuprofen and the pain is manageable.. but I"m afraid that as the time goes the stenosis is worse or maybe tumour.. cancer ...
7 months ago when I had my first hell with anal fissure I did colonoscopy

.. and it came up clean with minor internal hemorrhoids... but that was 7 months ago.

I was so focused on fissure and management of extreme, long term pain... but now I'm not sure that is the only problem.

Anybody?
Forget an update Tony, that person stopped coming here in July 2021. Once people are healed they almost never return here. Frankly I don't know why I am still here other than helping people as it's been two years since my fissure issue was fixed. I replied to you in your other thread so go see my reply to you there.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist