Botox

Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox

Postby expedite_it » 13 Jan 2023, 12:05

I have had an anal fissure for almost 15 years. I went to a colorectal surgeon (CRS) about four months ago. He prescribed me .2% nifedipine ointment and advised me to start taking fiber. I had tried to take fiber many years ago, but the fiber powders were too unpalatable to me, and I didn't think that the fiber powder would help. So I only took the fiber powder for a very short time.

I used up the bottle of nifedipine that my CRS prescribed to me in one month. Then I went two months without taking nifedipine because I didn't have any more nifedipine. Then I acquired more nifedipine a month ago, and I have been taking nifedipine for the past month. I have been taking fiber pills for four months now. They do seem to help somewhat, but I still have an anal fissure.

I used to have severe pain after bowel movements, but now my only symptom of anal fissure is my anus itches after a bowel movement. Sometimes it is a severe itch, but it is just an itch. The problem is that after one month of treatement, my symptoms were no worse than they are now. In other words, my symptoms have not improved at all since one month of treatment with nifedipine and fiber pills.

Do you think I should go back to my CRS to seek treatment with botox?
It's my understanding that botox is an injection (shot) into the rectum to treat an anal fissure. Is my understanding correct?
How painful is the botox shot?
Is botox usually a more effective treatment than fiber pills and nifedipine?
Is there anything else I should know about botox?
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Botox

Postby Rich44 » 02 Feb 2023, 16:57

expedite_it wrote:I have had an anal fissure for almost 15 years.

Do you think I should go back to my CRS to seek treatment with botox?
No. You are wasting your time and your life. Get the LIS surgery.

expedite_it wrote:It's my understanding that botox is an injection (shot) into the rectum to treat an anal fissure. Is my understanding correct?
Yes.

expedite_it wrote:How painful is the botox shot?
No idea, they put me to sleep.

expedite_it wrote:Is botox usually a more effective treatment than fiber pills and nifedipine?
Yes.

expedite_it wrote:Is there anything else I should know about botox?
It is a temporary solution that wears off and it may not work for you (it didn't work for me). Even if it does, if you don't treat the fissure properly the Botox will have been for nothing. 15 years with a fissure is madness. I had it for 6 years and that was too long. Stop making excuses and stalling. Get the LIS and be done with it once and for all. The first thing you'll tell your CRS when you go post op is "Why didn't I do this years ago?!!!" I guarantee you will say it.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby expedite_it » 28 Feb 2023, 17:22

Rich44 wrote:It is a temporary solution that wears off and it may not work for you (it didn't work for me). Even if it does, if you don't treat the fissure properly the Botox will have been for nothing. 15 years with a fissure is madness. I had it for 6 years and that was too long. Stop making excuses and stalling. Get the LIS and be done with it once and for all. The first thing you'll tell your CRS when you go post op is "Why didn't I do this years ago?!!!" I guarantee you will say it.

I believe I have three anal fissures: the first anal fissure is at 12 o'clock on my anus, a second anal fissure at 6 o'clock on my anus, and a third anal fissure about three inches above my anus, between my butt cheeks right next to my lower back.

I got the fissure about three inches above my anus from excessively hard wiping after a bowel movement, not from the bowel movement itself.

The fissure that causes me the most pain is the fissure about three inches above my anus. It's my understanding that LIS surgery works by allowing a lot more blood flow to the anus itself, which promotes healing. But my main anal fissure is about three inches above my anal sphincter. I don't know if LIS would result in more blood flow to the area three inches above my anal sphincter.
Do you think that LIS surgery would heal my anal fissure that is about three inches above my anus?
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Rich44 » 28 Feb 2023, 20:44

You need to ask a colorectal surgeon that question. I would not recommend a general surgeon with three fissures.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby expedite_it » 01 Mar 2023, 06:22

Rich44 wrote:You need to ask a colorectal surgeon that question. I would not recommend a general surgeon with three fissures.

I had a huge epiphany about my anal fissure yesterday. My epiphany is that my anal fissures are only about 10% of my butt problems. About 90% of my butt problems are due to a problem in my upper butt crack that is either a pilonidal cyst or pilonidal sinus or pilonidal disease or intergluteal cleft irritation. This pilonidal/intergluteal cleft irritation issue is distinct from my anal fissures.
expedite_it
Fibre Addict