One week to go, and I have the flu.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

One week to go, and I have the flu.

Postby alpinestrawberry » 15 Mar 2011, 12:43

101 fever, headache, chills, body aches, you name it.
I'm not allowed to take anything but tylenol, which doesn't work for me. And according to the intructions I got, I'm supposed to reschedule if I get so much as a sniffle.
Ha. I'll be having this surgery next Wednesday unless I die first.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: One week to go, and I have the flu.

Postby Elphie » 15 Mar 2011, 14:35

U still have 8 days, try taking some vitamin c tabs, sometimes for me if I do that the first day, it doesn't last as long. This is for a cold but u never know. Do u have theraflu in the US? My sister in law swears by it. Don't worry, most flus r 24 or 48 hrs...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby sphinctersaurus » 15 Mar 2011, 14:36

Hi Alpine,
Oh no! What terrible timing. Rest up if you can and hopefully it will have run its course by the time your surgery day gets here. As if there wasn't enough stress already!
My fingers and toes are crossed for you!
It's uncomfortable and makes walking more difficult, but hey ... Maybe it'll help!
:)
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 17 Mar 2011, 01:57

What a bummer... How are you feeling now? Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby alpinestrawberry » 17 Mar 2011, 08:01

Thanks guys. I'm over the fever and body pains now, at least, but here comes the lingering sinus infection...:(
I have no idea if I can get over it on my own or not, I just had my sinus surgery 8 months ago and for the most part I've been fine and haven't had any infections. But I haven't been this extremely sick since then either.
Lots of steroid spray and crossed fingers!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Elphie » 17 Mar 2011, 08:42

I'm praying for u...got everything crossed....I hope it clears up enuf that u can at least hide it from the surgeon! U still have 6 days to clear it up I'm pulling for u....
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Savaici » 17 Mar 2011, 12:39

Good luck with getting the flu licked, Alpine. Fingers crossed!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby StevePain » 17 Mar 2011, 15:11

I've just got over the flu, it was harsh!! but my ass has survived (just about)... Hope you get well enough for the surgery.
Best wishes Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Elphie » 21 Mar 2011, 16:02

I've been thinking of your upcoming surgery, have u gotten over your flu yet? I have to go for my pre-op appt Thursday and I'm nervous about even that with a month to go. I hope u are feeling better and I really hope your LIS goes well! Good luck my thoughts will b with you.
Last edited by Elphie on 21 Mar 2011, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Error
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 21 Mar 2011, 17:09

Thank you Elphie! I am over it. It's like a miracle--before I had the sinus surgery, something like this would have laid me up for 6-8 weeks without antibiotics.
But I'm all better for the moment, at least until the post-surgical butt pain settles in!
I wonder what your pre-op appointment involves? I didn't have one of those. I just consulted with the surgeon one time, and he agreed to do surgery. I had to keep calling back to actually get it scheduled, but that's another story. They really do make you jump through some hoops in Canada! As long as they don't take your date away from you, or move it back again.
My worst fear was that the surgeon would string me along wanting me to try more conservative treatments or have more testing done. I just want to put all this behind me, and I'm sure you do too.
I'm dealing with some nerves now. But I find comfort in reading the old threads here. Everyone manages to survive this surgery, although not everyone has a great outcome. I'm hoping that at least it won't make anything worse. And anyway I got some news today that makes me feel so selfish for being all wrapped up in my butt troubles...one of the pre-K teachers at my kids' elementary school has a 2.5 year old son who was just diagnosed with neuroblastoma.
My dad's younger sister died of neuroblastoma when she was only five. I believe that disease is just about as fatal now as it was back then, which is to say very. Especially if it's not caught early, and it wasn't for this teacher's son...it's in his bone marrow, behind his eye, in his ribs and his left arm.
I feel so awful for her...I'd rather go through ten butt surgeries in a row than deal with a health crisis of this magnitude involving one of my kids. I hugged them all as they came in the door.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist