Anyone have too big or hard a stool on Benefiber alone?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Anyone have too big or hard a stool on Benefiber alone?

Postby Bambi » 25 Mar 2011, 12:43

Ok- so last night I only took 3/4 teaspoon of Miralax and I have already had 1 fairly soft, but somewhat formed BM and a second fairly loose and a little crampy BM (it is about noon). I have been gradually reducing it- I am at a good place at 5 weeks post LIS and I certainly don't want to mess things up now with a hard BM. But I am wondering if I should just try 2 teaspoons of Benefiber tonight rather than going down to 1/2 teaspoon of Miralax. I may try the 1/2 teaspoon, but if I find I am still having the really loose stools that are somewhat crampy and sudden, I may make the shift. I am too scared to do nothing yet. Maybe I shouldn't be, I'm not sure! But Colace never really seemed to help that much and wasn't as reliable with the hard beginning of things happening quite a bit. I know someone on here said that may have been the result of spasms and a too tight spinchter and may be different now with my looser model. Just wondering if anyone had the result from Benefiber alone of a super big stool or hardness. Most people seem to like it- I bought some so I have it. Metamucil and Citrucel didn't seem to help all that much.
Thanks!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72