LIS and skin tag removal on the NHS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS and skin tag removal on the NHS

Postby alpinestrawberry » 31 Mar 2011, 11:41

Hmmm...I suppose that does complicate things. Are there any antiviral medicines that you can use to get the herpes under control? If so, it would be interesting to know if they help the fissure too.
If the two seem to be related, you'll want to find out for sure if a tight sphincter plays a role in causing the fissure. I believe there are definitive tests that can be run to see what your IAS resting pressure is like.
If the sphincter is NOT tight, I'd be more worried about LIS causing incontinence then.
I am sorry you have so much to deal with, and you are very young too-- Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: LIS and skin tag removal on the NHS

Postby Layla85 » 31 Mar 2011, 13:12

Thank you alpinestrawberry :)
I went to the clinic today and they are pretty positive the herpes is back but I'll have to wait a week for the results. They also had a look at my fissure and skin tag and they'd refer me onto someone else if my skin tag was still as swollen as it is next week.
Incontinence that might come with LIS is obviously a pretty big concern, as I'm sure it is for all. I'll definitely bring up what your point about the tight sphincter to my doc. I've no idea whether or not I have one... I just know I never had a problem like this before getting herpes so if it's not the cause of the problem then it definitely kick started it...
I keep telling myself I'll look back and find all this was character building one day haha. I hope so!
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice :)
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18