Hi, I'm new here.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm new here.

Postby martin336 » 26 Apr 2011, 00:26

Hey everyone, this website has been a godsend to me. I was diagnosed with 3-4 fissures last week and this pain has been unlike anything I've ever experienced (that includes an achilles tendon repair last year). It's so nice to know that there are other people in my same boat but I wish you were there with me in the bathroom. Well, not really...
I've pretty much turned my eating completely around now and haven't pushed the poop out, used Miralax for 1.5 days, taken baths, used hydrocortisone suppositories 2x a day, taken OTC tylenol and things may be looking up. I had to take a few days off from work and am back now and apart from some pain when I sit, so far so good. I'm one of those people that don't want to seem too optimistic in case things totally turn around but positive thinking is important to healing so....
Anyway, thanks for the posts and advice. Michelle
martin336

Topics: 1

Re: Hi, I'm new here.

Postby spamfree1232002 » 26 Apr 2011, 03:15

Hi Michelle,
And welcome to a group of friends who completely understand the pain that anal fissures can bring, but as well as sympathy have advice and encouragement (it worked for me).
Like you I'm now improving - and although in my case that's after quite a while, but this is not my first AF episode. And it seems as if the macrogol/PEG treatment and a new batch of diltiazem may have helped me. And also like you I'm keeping my fingers crossed, touching wood... and being 'cautiously optimistic'.
For sitting at work I've used a warm pad. Try a gel or cherrystone pad - something you can warm in a microwave if you have access to one at work (although some folks in my local coffee area have probably wondered why I'm microwaving a bag of cherry stones!). I've also been prescribed lidocaine to ease the pain and told to try ibuprofen or paracetamol as OTCs.

Keep thinking positively. May everyone here have the same progress as we're now having.
spamfree1232002
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Elphie » 26 Apr 2011, 13:24

Welcome Michelle, sorry you need it but this forum has been a lifesaver for many of us. It really feels good to talk to people who totally get it. Do try ibuprofen, I never used it before my AF but in combination with generic robaxacet, it really relieves the pain. And spamfree is right, a heating pad can get u thru the day and helps with driving, which for many of us, is a nightmare. I have tried all the conventional cures and am having my LIS in two days. Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones that won't need surgery, but if you're not, by the time you're done reading about LIS on this forum, you'll have the confidence to know you're doing the right thing for you. Good luck!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 Apr 2011, 16:54

Welcome Michelle - I'm sorry you are suffering, but as Spamfree and Elphie say, you are at the right place. There's lots of good advice and support from great people here. I really hope you heal very soon!
Hope
Deleted User 579

Postby Savaici » 01 May 2011, 00:33

Welcome from me too, Michelle. Hope things continue to improve for you. You have landed in just the right spot for help from a lot of helpful an friendlyeople!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222