Beginning to think my GI doc doesn't get it

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Beginning to think my GI doc doesn't get it

Postby fissure for sure » 29 Apr 2011, 18:07

Hopetoheal,
Don't worry about my cardio. During the worst of the chestpains that I've experienced, I went to the ER, and the docs couldn't find anything going on in my ekg, cardio-enzyme panels, etc... Even my blood pressure, while a little on the low side, was pretty normal.
fissure for sure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Apr 2011, 18:39

I'm so glad to hear that you got the chest pains checked. That's one of the side effects of nitro that every website I've seen says merits a call to the doctor. It sounds to me like you've got a good plan. I understand about being shy with doctors - that's my problem too. Just rmember that it is your body and your life, so you are entitled to be politely assertive (and I'll try to take my own advice!) please do keep is posted.
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 30 Apr 2011, 17:03

I finally had to get downright aggressive even with my CRS! I had to insist he give me surgery or I'd still b on fire today! It did take me months to get mad enough though. I don't think even a CRS who's never had a fissure can really get the magnitude of how debilitating a stupid little cut can be! Once I got my feet under me and said what I needed to say to him, it got easier to insist on what I'm sure I needed. You can do it too...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby mbpaul » 30 Apr 2011, 18:55

Have you verified the concentration with your pharmacist? My meds say "nitro-bid 2% o/cvs petroleum". So I called the pharmacist as I was worried that the concentration was too high. They explained to me that the compound started at 2% but was reduced in the petroleum based to the required 0.02%.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3