Working like a charm!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Working like a charm!!

Postby Deedee62 » 08 May 2011, 16:14

:D Today is over 1 full week of no pain!! I used the Nifedipine ointment exactly as my Dr. requested - 3 x daily. Put on 1/2 piece of cotton ball and put it right up to the fissure and leave in place for at least 20 minutes. I also take a sitz bath or use the hand held shower to clean myself off daily.
The Miralax is working well so that has been a relief!!
Now for the 23rd and hopefully getting that scope scheduled.
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Re: Working like a charm!!

Postby Elphie » 08 May 2011, 19:20

Oh that's so good to hear! I really think the miralax is the key. I hope it heals up for you in no time, just stick to your perfect formula, don't push yourself because your feeling better, it takes time to heal a fissure! I'm still healing mine but yes to not feel it for a while is wonderful.keep up the good work and hopefully yours will be another success story! :)
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deedee62 » 09 May 2011, 03:46

It gets sore (more tingles) than sharp pain, but I will take the days that are pain free anytime! Just need to stay on top of it and use the Miralax everyday.
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 09 May 2011, 08:43

Happy it's working for you. I tailored my dose to once in the evening, and I only put it on the outside. But, except for just having the flu and a bit of a setback with that, there have been some positive changes. I have had pain for such a long time that I am so nervous to say it's getting better in case I jinx myself!
I have Mirilax, but have not used it yet. Also nervous about that. (am generally a nervous nelly). I take an eighth of a peri-Colace and just over a quarter of a dose of Milk of Magnesia every evening. I have a lot of scar tissue from Hem ops, so have to take that into consideration, but also keep (TMI coming up) everything flowing... I worry about
anal stenosis.
It is wonderful on pain free days, isn't it! When they are there you just see life so differently. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deedee62 » 09 May 2011, 15:57

I don't use it internally either. Just put the cotton ball in place and clench & keep it there for 20 minutes. It works really well. The Miralax works without making me run. I put a cap full in my coffee every morning.
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Postby jis76 » 09 May 2011, 16:38

Glad to hear the nifedipine is working for you too! I've just hit 10 days and it's really making a big difference for me. Pain is virtually gone, except for a bit with the morning BM. The spasms and soreness I was having for about 6 hours after the morning BM is gone. It's totally changed my outlook on life not being in pain all morning long.
The blood is way down down for me too, but not entirely gone. I feel like I still have a ways to go to heal this thing, but just so happy right now not to be in pain!
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9