3 week follow up with CRS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 week follow up with CRS

Postby Elphie » 18 May 2011, 13:09

The CRS visit today was the first one in a year with NO crying! No bowel prep necessary so not irritated, my 3 yr old was sick with that flu so my husband stayed home and I went by myself. Driving was good, I think after an hour in the car I could feel some mild spasms but once I started walking into the hospital it went away. Of course, I've always had to wait thru a very painful hour before the nurse even calls my name so I was astonished when I was called in after ten pain free minutes of waiting! Even the doc showed up in the room within minutes! Ironic.
Anyway, up on the table ass in the air and he starts poking, stretching, whatever they do down there, it was starting to hurt a little so I said "be careful, I just got that fixed" he actually chuckled(!) he doesn't usually smile even but then, I'm usually in tears on that table.
So he says he can't even see the scar said if he wouldn't of been the one to cut me, he'd never know! He also said the fissure is almost invisible and seems to be healing well. Told me he removed two small internal hemmeroids that were in his way which was the cause of the bleeding, which was why they put all that godawful packing in there. He then said unless I have issues I don't need to see him again! I won't miss him that's for sure!
He said to stay on fiber for as long as I can, it's good for me anyway and said I could eat whatever I want (ya, right!)
So I guess I'm the boss of my own butt again til it starts acting up. Let's hope that chapter of my life is BEHIND me!
I know I'm one of the lucky ones, so far, but I would definately recommend LIS to anyone who's suffering. I think when I was IN pain, I couldn't remember what no pain felt like. After all I've gone through this past year, I'm finally ready to say out loud, I'm ok! Still not 100% but it's in my sights now! I hope you are all having a good butt day, thanks again everyone for being here!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: 3 week follow up with CRS

Postby Deleted User 579 » 18 May 2011, 13:49

YEAH ELPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image Image
Image Image Image Image
I am sooooo happy for you! Way to go! After everything you've been through, you really deserve to have a wonderful, pain-free, fun summer. Wow - two hemmies on top of the LIS and look at you now - almosts as good as new or even better! You should be really proud of yourself - ya did real good, girl! You're going to be 100% very soon, I can feel it. Yippppeeeee! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby mbpaul » 18 May 2011, 19:28

Elphie, this is wonderful news. I am so happy for you because even though you too were fighting this AF monster, you were always there for us newbies. God bless!!!!
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Elphie » 18 May 2011, 19:47

Thanks hopetoheal, Paul, I'll have a hard time giving up the forum, it's been a big part of everyday and it helped so much to talk with people who understand. I find it amazing to talk to people from all over the world with this same issue, I think it definitely helped me cope with the depression and anxiety that came with my AF. How did we ever get by without the Internet?
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby rockpine » 19 May 2011, 19:08

Congrats, Elphie! Cheers to our new lives with new butts!
I am almost all the way better after my LIS too and I'm going to have a hard time giving up the forum as well. It's quite amazing to have people on here who completely understand the AF / butt pain experience! Thanks for your support as well.
rockpine
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby NotHappyJan » 20 May 2011, 04:41

Elphie, such great news!!!!! So happy for you.
Here's to a butt-problem free future!!!! Image
(Can you tell I just discovered the variety of emoticons, btw?!) Image
NotHappyJan
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby frustrated » 21 May 2011, 16:24

Good to hear your report Elphie...I have my post op appt. on Thursday and I think I may be able to do it without tears this time also. I went in two weeks ago and was practically sobbing, so they'll be wondering who this "new" person is walking in the office. They've only seen me with red, swollen eyes and a contorted face.
My skin tag incision is healing faster now, so I am not as "frustrated" anymore.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 May 2011, 18:40

Yeah, Frustrated! I'm so happy that you are healing well now :)
Let us know how the follow-up goes ... I hope it goes
brilliantly! I'm sending happy healing thoughts your way :)
Elphie - are you still rockin' with your happy butt?
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 21 May 2011, 18:53

I'm happy for you, frustrated, I took a few times in the beginning to learn not to wear makeup because I'd always leave with the Alice Cooper look lol! There was smiling and joking, sitting in the waiting room NOT squirming, I drove home by myself, it's a big change from my last appointment. I'm hoping I never have to go back so I'm sticking to the fiber miralax formula for now, but with time I can see me being the old me again! Glad to hear you're getting there too!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Elphie » 21 May 2011, 18:57

Hope, I am rockin' the new butt, got to play in my flower beds today!
Frustrated, goodluck with that follow up, I was walking on a cloud leaving! You will too, you'll see. Just tell that doc to be careful, you just got that fixed!
Elphie
Fissureologist