Hello! Lidocaine Allergic Reaction??

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello! Lidocaine Allergic Reaction??

Postby BirdyR » 19 May 2011, 08:17

Hi everyone!
First I just want to say that it is so amazing to have something like this forum online!! Okay, so my problem began after a particularly rough patch of antibiotic-induced diarrhea (for a UTI) where I ended up irritating the area so much that it tore in two places. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me lidocaine for the pain, however, I believe that I'm allergic to it! I ended up getting and almost hive-like rash in the already tender area that stings unbearably. I have no idea what will relieve it. I have actually stopped eating for fear of the pain that would come later!! If anyone has had the same issue or knows of something that might help, please please please let me know. I have applied vaseline though it hasn't helped much and baths provide temporary relief.
Thank you all!
BirdyR

Topics: 1

Re: Hello! Lidocaine Allergic Reaction??

Postby Elphie » 19 May 2011, 08:48

Welcome, but sorry u have to be here. If it's an allergic reaction, benadryl cream may help, I've caused myself a few rashes with my desperate attempt to try anything and the benadryl helped. I don't know how long you've been suffering but a heating pad helps when you can't be on the bath, also ibuprofen and generic robaxacet take the edge off. There may be another option ask your pharmacist but I think I heard once that dibucaine causes less reaction but I honestly can't remember where I heard it so definately ask a pharmacist. Good luck, I hope this helps, and you find some relief, believe me, we know your pain.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: Hello! Lidocaine Allergic Reaction??

Postby BirdyR » 20 May 2011, 08:36

Thank you so much Elphie! :D
BirdyR

Topics: 1