Spasm hell

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Spasm hell

Postby Diddlydell » 07 Jun 2011, 08:49

Hi everyone my name is Adele and i have been in torture since nov last year.My doc gave me rectogesic +movicol sachets when i first went to see him ,the rectogesic had no effect on me so i just kept taking the movical.I went privately to see a surgeon in the beginning of March he said he would put me on national health waiting list for botox he gave me anoheal which irritated me. I have had a pre op assessment at hospital beginning of may and nurse told me i would be admitted in june ,I rang surgeons secretary to see if there was a date only to be told it will be august I just thought this is it i cant go on any more as its the spasms that are the worst thing for me.I can easily say they last anything from 3 hours -12hours or sometimes the whole day i have tried sitz baths hot water bottle at my butt+pain killers but nothing seems to help driving is a nightmare as im sure you all know.I went to A+E last week and waited 5 hours was given an injection to numb my bottom which helped for a few hours.also was told to take lactoluse as well as movical Im due to fly to portugal tomorrow with my daughter but i dont know how i will survive the week I just constantly feel like passing out with the pain of the spasms and cannot concentrate to do anything any tips would be greatly appreciated :
Diddlydell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Spasm hell

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 09:02

Hi DiddlyDell - I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. You have come to the right place, though. Everyone here understands your pain and you will get good advice and support. Image
It sounds to me like you are doing all the things you should do to heal and manage pain, so I can't think of much else to suggest, other than perhaps muscle relaxants. I don't know what kind of painkillers you are on, but I found that Ibuprofen and Robaxecet really helped keep the pain under control.
I'm so sorry that you are struggling with your healthcare system. I really sympathize! Our wait-times in Canada are incredibly long! Have you discussed an LIS with anybody? I think botox is a good next step, but many of us have found that the surgery was ultimately the only way to heal our fissures. Perhaps it's a good idea to put that option on the table sooner rather than wait, given how slow things move in the medial world.
I really feel for you! And I really hope you find relief very soon. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Diddlydell » 07 Jun 2011, 09:11

oh thank you so much hopetoheal im so glad i found this forum ibrofen are the only pain killers i have been taking i have not heard of Robaxecet.Its so good to know that all the people on this forum can understand about our pain as doctors dont seem to fully understand Image
Diddlydell
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Jun 2011, 10:08

You are so right that doctors often just don't get it. The pain is beyond description! I'm guessing that you are in the UK, so I hope you are able to find the Robaxacet where you live. If they don't have that brand, then maybe your pharmacist can suggest a close alternative. The muscle relaxant really helped me out a lot.
Hang in there, Diddly! There is hope. If the conservative methods don't work, then surgery is a very good option. It gave many of us our lives back. You will beat this! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2011, 10:36

DiddlyDell, I am also so sorry you are suffering. Try sitting on a heat pad and it will help. Also, leave botox - my CRS told me that it has almost the same healing rate as ointments. So, try proceed with LIS as soon as you can.

Postby val » 07 Jun 2011, 13:55

Hi there,
sorry you are in so much pain,
how long did you try the rectogesic for? I found it does take a while to work, but it usually helps a lot if you can persevere with it. And if you could ask your doctor for a low dose of valium, that would help to relax things.
I'm in the UK too, it's a nightmare trying to get anything done quickly!
I agree too, that LIS is the gold standard - it will get rid of those dreadful spasms.
Hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Elphie » 07 Jun 2011, 18:58

Hi Adele, sorry you are suffering. Like hopetoheal I took ibuprofen with robaxacet as well, the key ingredients are methocarbamol and acetaminophen, I'm sure you have something like that there, I used the generic brands anyway. The Valium is also very helpful, I was given oxazepam, a less addictive slow release type. I spent months on my heating pad, even had one for the car. I should warn you about Botox, maybe half the time it works, if done right, I suppose, but for me it made everything worse for six solid weeks. I didn't think that was possible, I was in so much pain but my pain went from a ten to a thirty! There are some positive stories about Botox here, but usually after multiple treatments. And it hurts! You've been suffering for awhile, LIS maybe the best option and it's not nearly as bad or scary as everybody thinks. Some people, like me, are in much less pain after surgery than before. Good luck I hope you find some relief soon! Trust me, the support you get here helps ALOT.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby hotpinkblack » 07 Jun 2011, 23:52

I hope you feel better, I know how it feels to be in so much pain you don't want to go anywhere or do anything. It hurts like a mo fo and the dr's treat us like we are winers!
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict