I am back!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I am back!!!

Postby andy1505 » 21 Jun 2011, 05:47

Hello everyone
Well I am back, it was not as bad as I thought, but the pain now is pretty bad!!! They have given me tramadol Which I will be taking later. They only done Botox, the surgeon did say it was a nasty fissure and to take it easy over the next few days
Will keep you posted on the pain / results and thanks for everyone's support and help
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: I am back!!!

Postby val » 21 Jun 2011, 05:53

Hi Andy,
wow, that was quick! You must be so pleased it's over!
Surgeons always tell us it will only take a few days to feel normal! I wonder how many butt-surgeons have actually had to deal with butt-surgery! They might change their minds pretty quickish then!
Stay on top of the pain, it's easier to manage when it's not too bad.
Get lots of rest and pamper yourself!
Wishing you the speediest of recoveries.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Jun 2011, 06:30

Congratulations, Andy! I'm glad it's over and you can focus on healing. Val's right - stay on top of the pain. The stool softeners will make sure the painkillers don't constipate, so definitely take them when you need them. Get lots of good rest.
Here's to a quick recovery for you!
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 21 Jun 2011, 07:44

Great it's over! I do have two questions though:
1. How come you're in pain if they only did botox?
2. If the fissure was pretty nasty, why did they only do botox?
Don't know if you had a chance to talk to your doc, if not maybe it's worth asking these questions.
And if they gave you tramadol, why not take it? I got it yesterday and had no pain, Val reported some similar results, it really seems to be good. Just pop the pill and save yourself the grief, after all this is what they're for. I was also shaking today from the pain after a BM, but 20 minutes later i had exactly zero pain, thanks Spiralgin!
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby val » 21 Jun 2011, 08:53

Aww, bum surgery is horribly painful - whatever torturous method they inflict on us!
My friend had botox and had quite a bit of pain and bleeding afterwards.
And our dear doctors here have their heads firmly up their own rear ends and always think they are right!
It would be an idea to try the tramadol though Andy - unless, of course you have a reason to believe it would do more harm than good - allergies ect. Yes, especially before the dreaded After Surgery First BM!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 21 Jun 2011, 15:25

Hey andy, Just to echo what dexter said,
I would question the docs as to why they didn't perform LIS, Botox isn't a permanent solution unless the fissure (miraculously) heals during the time your sphincter is "out for the count" ... and if your fissure is that nasty then surely LIS is the only option, as for Tramadol after Botox.. WTF are these CRS' on???
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby andy1505 » 22 Jun 2011, 00:15

Hi guys
I totally agree with what you are saying, why put me through this if it's not going to work!! Not sure why I have do much pain, they must have given it a good clean out as I had blood on the hospital sheets when I left
Have been taking the tramadol since 14:00 yesterday, took a while to work, but it did take the edge off the pain
Not looking forward to the first BM!! The pain is better today so hopefully it will not be too long before I am back on my feet
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Jun 2011, 09:35

Hey Andy! I'm glad the pain is better today. I really hope the first BM goes well. I'm not sure why you're having so much pain, but I remember Elphie saying that she hurt quite a bit after botox. I think she had an unusually bad reaction, though. Other posts I've read describe pain for a while, but then it gets better. Butt pain is the worst!
I really hope you're doing better today!
Deleted User 579

Postby andy1505 » 22 Jun 2011, 09:44

Believe me it hurts!! Even to cough hurts so much :(
I am hoping this is only short term pain as walking is not that good today, the consultant did say he gave it a good clean, so maybe this has just aggravated things down there??
Anyway thanks for all your get well wishes
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Postby dexterdude » 22 Jun 2011, 09:57

I'm not sure what he meant by "clean"? Did he do a fissurectomy after all? Or maybe just scrape the wound?
Anyway, be sure to take the painkillers, they should help a lot with the pain and hang on, it should get better!
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3