losing it :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

losing it :(

Postby New mum » 26 Jun 2011, 19:59

So after having to weekend from hell, i dont know where to go from here. woke up sat morning with pain but no pain during bms, i spent sunday in bed because it hurt that much, one spot is so sore to touch or even bend down, i have no discharge or cant feel a lump or anything. called my CRS to see if he can somehow fit me in earlier then the 2 weeks that was booked. he told me "its all in my head"he went on to tell me i need anti depressents (which i just started taking a few days ago). i dont even know what to say i am a mess, i have made an appointment with my gp again to go to another CRS. how can this much pain be in your head.....rrrrr..... i just want this to be over after 16months you would think thats long enough to suffer.
thanks for listening
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: losing it :(

Postby lost » 26 Jun 2011, 21:09

New mum, I hope everything works out for you. I can not imagine suffering for 16 months! You are such a strong person!
Does your pain occur after BMs? That is when my pain occurs now that I have had LIS.
lost
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2011, 23:04

Hang in there New mum,
there has got to be a reason you aren't healing:(
I know two weeks can be forever when you are in pain. I remember waiting weeks to get in to see my CRS. It was awful hanging out in the tub waiting for that day to come Image
I hope things get better for you soon. Don't cancel your appointment though until you get another one with the new CRS if you are going that route. It may take longer to get into the new one. I wish they could tell you what the freakin problem is and I think they owe you an explanation even if you decide to go with another one for treatment.

Postby StevePain » 27 Jun 2011, 16:19

New mum wrote:called my CRS to see if he can somehow fit me in earlier then the 2 weeks that was booked. he told me "its all in my head"

This is just an insult IMO, who do these people think they are Image
Don't give up, try and get to see another CRS, it's your right and it's your bloody ass too and NO it's not in your head, it's in your ^$%^&& ASS!!!! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby New mum » 27 Jun 2011, 22:33

Thanks guys
I see my gp tomorrow, spoke to her on the phone and she is going to send me for a cat scan to see if anything comes up there.
At least i have a great gp and she is on my side and whats to get to the bottom of it.
it feels like everyday its getting worse pain wise over it
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Jun 2011, 22:41

Hey Mum, it's great to hear that they're doing a CT. That's the right thing to do. I don't want to scare you or anything but it's not impossible for there to be a fistula or abscess based on the symptoms (as we all know fissure pain usually peaks during or near bowel movements). Even if there isn't, it's the right thing in order to rule those conditions out.
BTW where is the pain? Inside or outside? And is there ANY relation to bowel movements, or truly none whatsoever?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby New mum » 27 Jun 2011, 22:46

hey ng,
the pressure pain is back which happens at night and bms r morning, thats an inside pain/discomfort. i have had some pain outside to touch, walk etc the last 4 days. bms are normally good/ok not fissure pain anyway.
the ct scan shows up a abscess and fistula dont they????
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 27 Jun 2011, 23:03

I think CT can show fistulas if they're big enough. CT is usually better for bone while MRI is better for soft tissues like muscle, but both can show the same things, just to a different resolution (clarity). But CT is cheaper and faster (albeit exposing you to greater radiation) hence why it's popular.
My guess would be that a CT will tell you if "something is off there." Its resolution for soft tissues may or may not be sufficient to tell exactly what muscles are involved or exactly what the precise issue is, but it should be able to tell you whether "something" is off or if everything appears normal.
It also depends where you're getting the CT. Is it just pelvic or is it abdominal plus pelvic? If it includes the abdomen, it may also pick up any inflammatory or other colon conditions (but then you would likely be doing some prep such as fasting for a period of time prior to the exam or even taking laxatives to clear out the bowels first).
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 28 Jun 2011, 08:32

Hey New Mum - just chiming in to say 'good for you!' for persisting and getting tests. I had to throw a fit in the ER to see a proper surgery after suffering for more than a year and dealing with a horrible surgeon. I freakin' HATE doctors who say 'it's all in your head'! (Of course it's in our heads, that's where the organ that processes pain is located, dipstick!) Good on you for persisting.
You deserve and answer and proper treatment and I really hope you get both very soon. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 28 Jun 2011, 10:47

Is your CRS a good one, even though he has a bad bedside manner? If yes, then it's worth holding out the 2 weeks to see him, if not, then a new CRS sounds like a really good idea. These surgeries are dependant on the surgeons ability.
I don't know why they have to be so insensitive. Fissures are excrutiating - it's certainly not in your head. And if he sees many people with fissures - and being a CRS he obviously does, then he should know how painful they are and have compassion. He's a jerk!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86