massage & castor oil

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

massage & castor oil

Postby littleorange » 27 Jun 2011, 17:29

Hello,
One year ago I got an anal fissure. Then I had a surgery but unfortunately the wound took 9 months to close. So now it is closed but a scar and a bit of scar tissue has been left. It is VERY painful. Doing a lot of research I've discovered about castor oil and its benefits. Has anybody tried to heal an anal scar? Also, I found that massaging the area (with special techniques that I can't on internet) will definitely help to make the scar flatter and therefore less painful. Do you know anything about massaging scars to heal them?
Any thought or knowledge to share would be highly appreciated. Or only even talking would be good.
Thank you
littleorange
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: massage & castor oil

Postby andrew » 29 Jun 2011, 05:22

HEY IAM NOT SURE ABOUT CASTOR OIL EVEN I WANTED TO USE IT FOR PRE BOWEL MOMENT LUBRICATION BUT IAM USING COCONUT OIL FOR LAST 1MONTH .EVEN I HAVE HEARD MEMBERS USING OLIVE OIL FOR LUBRICATION BUT NONE OF THE POST WHICH I ENCOUNTERED ABOUT CASTOR OIL
BUT I WILL TRY TO FIND IT OUT AND THEN POST IT OVER HERE
andrew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby littleorange » 29 Jun 2011, 05:35

Hello andrew yes have a look on line and you'll find that it says it's great for scar tissue, which is my problem. I just have a little scar that is hurting a lot and I think this oil might help.
i'll be looking forward
littleorange
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2011, 20:53

andrew wrote:HEY IAM NOT SURE ABOUT CASTOR OIL EVEN I WANTED TO USE IT FOR PRE BOWEL MOMENT LUBRICATION BUT IAM USING COCONUT OIL FOR LAST 1MONTH .EVEN I HAVE HEARD MEMBERS USING OLIVE OIL FOR LUBRICATION BUT NONE OF THE POST WHICH I ENCOUNTERED ABOUT CASTOR OIL
BUT I WILL TRY TO FIND IT OUT AND THEN POST IT OVER HERE

I believe another boardie used it for lubrication. I think it was Fissulyna.
I'm not sure about any healing properties for scar tissue though?! Image

Postby andrew » 30 Jun 2011, 11:38

http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/16/62/57/00/castor10.jpg
i bought it form local market let me try it out on my cut and scar nd i will let u know about the results
andrew
Fibre Addict

Postby littleorange » 30 Jun 2011, 12:38

Hello Andrew, in the research I've done it is important to apply the castor oil once the wound is closed. I hope yours already is! Also it seems massage is important, I haven't found any specific method anywhere so I can only advise you to do it in circles and softly during 4-5 min.
Is your scar painful? Is it constant and for how long has it hurt?
Mine is very painful. The painkiller seems to work for a a day and then it returns, but I have the slight feeling today is gone for longer time. Don't know.
I'm very depressed, Im so glad I can share this with people with my same condition
littleorange
Fibre Addict

Postby andrew » 01 Jul 2011, 12:02

mine is 1 yr old . it's been just three day's back that i had hard stools and the cut opened. Reversing all the progress and healing done by me in the last two months.
iam 22 yrs old nd sitting back because of this nd watching other's of my age enjoying their life is not that easy, the only thought that comes to my mind is that "why this has to happen with me" .
but what i have learned out of my experience is that one of the most important element of healing AF is keeping a positive mindset.
hey nd since u mentioned painkiller i have heard from some one that they are one of the cause of hard stools
andrew
Fibre Addict

Postby littleorange » 02 Jul 2011, 06:00

andrew, i had a very hard time after the surgery to fix the fissure. the wound took 8 months to close. nothing seemed to help but then a friend of mine told me about a topic cream made of honey. THAT worked very well and closed the wound within a month. It really made a difference. Also he told me that it is sometimes used for anal fissure. If your wound is still open, perhaps you would be interested in having a look to this:
http://www.medihoney.com/
I started to use the castor oil after this medihoney closed the wound. I hope this helps a bit.
Let's try to enjoy life in other ways.
littleorange
Fibre Addict

Postby andrew » 08 Jul 2011, 04:46

hi good to hear that finally your wound has healed.
since even iam looking LIS as an option it would be great if u share some of ur experience.
1)AS u mentioned that ur surgery scar did not heal for 8 months so what did the doctor said about that.
2)now that the scar has healed do you completely feel normal (like before having an anal fissure) .
3)is it really difficult to work after having surgery
4) could u live a normal life after surgery mean riding a bike or playing any outdoor games that requires intense physical activities
hey may be the answer of this question help me take an informed decisions
andrew
Fibre Addict

Postby littleorange » 08 Jul 2011, 08:01

Hello Andrew, I'll do my best to answer your questions:
1)AS u mentioned that ur surgery scar did not heal for 8 months so what did the doctor said about that.
He told me that it was due to my stress and that I should just calm down. He didn't offer a real explanation so until now I don't know why it took so long for the wound to close. It was only at the end of the process that I started looking for other kind of help/opinion. I discovered that there are dermatologist/physicians specialized in difficult wounds. If I have again this problem in my life and and I have another surgery and the wound is not closing, I would definitely run to ask for the opinion of this other doctors.
2)now that the scar has healed do you completely feel normal (like before having an anal fissure) .
Yes and no. Yes, the wound is closed but I'm still in the emotional recovery period, meaning, I still can't forget that this happened to me and for such a long time. I'm visiting a therapist (not only because of the wound) and I'm doing my best to recover from this period. Also, my body has still a bit of pain memory, meaning, the scar of the wound still hurts although it is closed. I am taking a painkiller that works very well for a while and eventually i will not need it any more. However, my case is quite rare and I am a bit of an obsessive person!
3)is it really difficult to work after having surgery
During two or three weeks I had to lie down and avoid sitting. If you go for the surgery, your doctor should tell you for how long you should lie down. During that period i did not work (I'm a writer) and I was reading a lot and watching a lot of movies. After that I had no problem working in spite of the pain because the wound was open.
4) could u live a normal life after surgery mean riding a bike or playing any outdoor games that requires intense physical activities
YES. I'm going for long walks and enjoying the fact that I don't have to stay at home to clean the wound after going to the toilet. As a matter of fact the doctor told me I could have started practicing any sport months ago, but I was reluctant to it because I was afraid of hurting myself (as I believe you are). A good thing to do would be yoga. Not as a spiritual thing but as a way to relax and stay in touch with your body in a healthy way. I did meditation and that helped me to control my stress and fears.
Please let me know if you have ANY question and I would be VERY happy to answer.
Stay strong, we can do this and more!
Good luck
littleorange
Fibre Addict