No LIS so third round of Botox done

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

No LIS so third round of Botox done

Postby Daisy1026 » 01 Jul 2011, 18:27

Hi,
Well after 9 long months I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease :-( hence the reason my nasty fissure will not heal!
I am unable to undergo the LIS surgery as it can lead to worse complications in people who suffer from Crohn's thankfully I was diagnosed before LIS as I was ready to go last week in so much pain I had had enough and it was the final step for me!
I have been put on a course of meds for a month to see if they help heal it up being Crohn's it should have some effect hopefully!!
So I decided to go in for my third round of Botox yesterday and I am amazed I feel much better than I did the last 2 times the releif is so good! I have woken up this morning terrified that once the anasethitic wore off I would be worse off and back in pain but nope still feeling good... So I am praying that this will stick around and with the meds and Botox combined I can heal this sucker up!! First BM yet to come but I've got tramadol on hand for that in case the pain returns..
I'm keeping everything crossed that it's third time lucky for Botox as it's my only option now...
Hope everyone is havin a good but day and am finding releif somehow Image
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: No LIS so third round of Botox done

Postby dexterdude » 02 Jul 2011, 01:19

Sounds like you're ready for the first BM with tramadol, way to go! It will help for sure.
Also glad that botox worked. In fact, based on my experience, after 3-4 days you should feel even better, as that's when it really kicks in.
Take care!
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Daisy1026 » 02 Jul 2011, 04:50

Thanks Dexter yep pretty good to with the tramadol that stuff helps so much!!
This time round with the Botox has worked straight away thankfully! The last two rounds I had took about a week to kick in- I've been expecting to feel the pain today but still nothing so so far so good! Fingers crossed third time works a charm!! Image
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 02 Jul 2011, 08:30

It's great to hear a success story with botox! Hope it does the trick and heals you up for good.
Sorry to hear you have crohns.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Daisy1026 » 02 Jul 2011, 19:54

Thanks Val- yeah it's not good being diagnosed but the good thing is I can receive proper treatment now...
I am hoping I will be a success story with Botox just gotta keep that positive mentality going :D
Daisy1026
Fibre Addict