Surgery tomorrow...I am so nervous

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgery tomorrow...I am so nervous

Postby Jas » 19 Jul 2011, 11:19

I have surgery tomorrow for LIS and fissurectomy. I am so nervous, I need something to ease my mind. I always think the worst possible thoughts.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Surgery tomorrow...I am so nervous

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2011, 11:42

Good Luck tomorrow Jas! Just remember to take the pain meds and stool softeners to keep from getting constipated.
Do you know what pain meds you will be getting? Do you already take a stool softener?
Are you still having the hem removed also? I thought I read that in another thread.
Don't be nervous- you're getting on with healing. It may be a little bumpy but in the end, it will be worth it! Image

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 Jul 2011, 13:40

Hey Jas! Don't be nervous. The surgery will go very well, so don't worry about that. The recovery is not fun, I'll admit, but it's not too horrible either. Follow Dawn's advice - take your pain meds on schedule. It's easier to keep the pain down than it is to catch up with it once it starts. And take stool softeners - like Miralax, which has a very good reputation among the boardies here - but you should use whatever works for you.
Everything will go brilliantly and when the surgery is over, you will be on your way to healing and getting past all this! Think about how wonderful life is going to be when you are healed. We will be here to support and advise you - you're not alone. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Jas » 19 Jul 2011, 17:40

Thank you Dawn and hopetoheal for your encouraging words. Dawn, I am not sure what pain meds my Dr is going to prescribe. I take miralax every other day 1/2 cap full. And yes, I believe I will also be having the hemi removed. Even though it only bothers me every now and then. When it does it usually becomes thrombosed.
Jas
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 Jul 2011, 19:12

Good luck tomorrow, Jas!
It sounds like you're good to go. You've got your stool softeners, so you'll be fine with whatever pain meds you get.
We are wishing you all the best and sending good vibes your way!
Deleted User 579

Postby seattlesounders » 19 Jul 2011, 23:59

Well done for getting it sorted Jas, you've got a headstart by finding this forum before surgery, and it's best to deal with these things now rather than when you're older. You will wake up tomorrow and think what that's it? Will keep you in my prayers and wish some fast healing for you.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sandi071 » 20 Jul 2011, 09:16

good luck. I believe you are doing the right thing. I picked August 9th. I wish I was going in tomorrow. you are so much closer to having this nightmare being over.
Please post how it goes and how your feeling afterwards. I am anxious to know. Image
Sandi071
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Jas » 20 Jul 2011, 14:04

Just got home from my surgery. Ended up not needing the hemi removed. The surgery went great. I was a little nervous before going in so they gave me some versed which took the edge off. I was only in the OR for 30 minutes. Dr removed my two fissures one was mainly just scar tissue and the LIS. I am currently at home laying in bed. I feel quite a bit of pressure and have the urge to have a BM must be do to the packing. The pain is mire of a slight dull ache, just took 2 vicodin to stay on top of the pain when the local completely wears off. I hope and pray I can handle this recovery.
Jas
Salt Bather

Postby Jas » 20 Jul 2011, 14:08

When should I take the miralax after surgery?
Jas
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 20 Jul 2011, 14:27

Jas I would take it right now since you are already on the pain meds.
The pressure sounds familiar. I had the same feeling after my LIS. Getting the packing out the next morning did help with some of that too. Is yours just pressed against the outside or inside?