For those who had Botox done unsedated...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: For those who had Botox done unsedated...

Postby dexterdude » 28 Jul 2011, 10:37

"The sun was shining, birds were chirping, soft turds were softly and effortlessly gliding down the porcelain slide into oblivion"
Dude, LOL. Can I use this as signature? :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Re: For those who had Botox done unsedated...

Postby Bambi » 28 Jul 2011, 13:26

That is a great quote and I think what we are all striving for and took for granted for so many years!
I had Botox in early November 2010. I did think that I got better- I began to have a pattern of having about 3 bad days in a row, followed by 3-4 good days. This continued and when I was to check in with my CRS in December, he recommended doing a second round, so I had that done in early January 2011. This made sense to me at the time, because I had some improvement, but it wasn't really gone. However, this same pattern continued and I was really trying to keep everything soft around that time- to the point of beginning to have too many BMs a day. When the Dr. called me in late January, I told him exactly what was going on and he expressed that that pattern indicated to him that the fissure was still there and not healed and it was now time to do the LIS. I have to confess that I began to have cold feet about the LIS, since I was afraid of it making things worse. However, a friend and my husband encouraged me to move toward really being "done" with this thing. I had LIS in mid February along with a skin tag removal. The Dr. told my husband that my muscle was "incredibly tight and spastic" and that the fissure had not healed, which surprised me since I had the Botox so recently and I never really had what I considered spasms like others have described (thank heavens!). Sp for me, it gave enough help to make life a little more bearable for a couple of months- or it delayed the inevitable. You have to appreciate a surgeon who wants to exhaust other possibilities first, since they have a reputation of wanting to "cut first".
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72