Just had LIS done August 5 2016!

LIS info :)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just had LIS done August 5 2016!

Postby Pugluver88 » 11 Aug 2016, 11:24

Hi all
I'm a 27 year old female who has been suffering for over 3-4 years with very horrible anal fissures and hemorids (internal and external) let me add I have no children!! Lol so it isn't the reason why!
Anyways short form I eat very healthy, exercise but knew something was wrong when no matter what I would eat I would feel completely sick until I final got checked I'm from Ontario Canada!

I waited and waited and waited for the LIs ( debated more then anything as I'm young & never knew anyone who got this done)
Finally one day the pain was to much the blood was slowly dripping but the nausea was very bad. I knew something was wrong got an emergency spot and less then 24 hours was getting cut open.

I had this done on Friday August 5 2016.... I was put under then was given two different types of pain meds. Lots of Gravol and sent home I'm now on day. 7 of recovery each day feels weirder or better at the same time then a instant amount of pain I stopped pain meds on the Saturday night and switched to just naproxen instead of the morphine like pills he had given me. I've been taking the stool softeners twice a day. On Monday was told to call if no bowel movement . They said to keep eating my fibre foods and add a laxative took senacok with my Soflax . Then to call back Wednesday called Wednesday was told lactoylose and restoralax and to call back Friday if no movement...

I've been eating normally.. I look like I'm about 8 months pregnant and about to pop. I've been able to finally pass gas on my own. Soaking about 4 times a day and resting . Also walking around lots to stop the pain and promote blood flow like I was told...
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems pooping... Cause it's becoming really
"Crappy" hahaha!!!
Pugluver88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Just had LIS done August 5 2016!

Postby gakker23 » 11 Aug 2016, 12:52

We are in a similar situation! I too had surgery on August 5th. Except, I just had an anal ulcerectomy. I wanted the LIS but the CRS didn't want to do that surgery because the risk of incontinence. I am a 24 year old female and just had a baby on February. My fissure got to the point of hurting way too bad that I had to get something done. They told me to take milk of magnesia if I hadn't had a bowel movement in 2 days. That definitely open things up for me. Almost a little too much. I also have been taking Colace 200mg twice a day, miralax once a day, and drinking plenty of water. So far, I have had a bowel movement almost every day. I immediately get into the bath tub right after and it has helped the pain tons. Good luck to you!
gakker23

Postby Pugluver88 » 11 Aug 2016, 13:19

Awesome! Thanks for the info when I call my surgeon tomorrow if I haven't passed bowel movement in using your recommendations !
Pugluver88
Fibre Addict

Postby gakker23 » 14 Aug 2016, 13:10

What did your CRS say? Did you find any relief?
gakker23

Postby Pugluver88 » 02 Sep 2016, 04:17

Hi there yes I did I'm on week 4 now of post op. I find it 100% crutial every am to take a huge teaspoon of benefibre in my tea. I've been eat lots of fibre rich foods last night I had some twislers (I've cut out all sweets and sugars) and my
Stomach is going wild not a good idea at all. I went to my
First outing and I will tell you one thing the pain isn't worth it. I came home crying which probably didn't help.... So I took an aleve and now icing myself as I type this

Was wondering two things? How is everyone sleeping after post op? On side ? On belly? On back

Also does anyone get really itchy ? I have the urge so badly to scratch that when I do I wake up in pain

Thanks a lot '
Pugluver88
Fibre Addict

Postby Buttpalsteven » 02 Sep 2016, 10:10

Hi Puglover,

The first week after my surgery, I find relief by sleeping on my sides. Stomach and back - even laying down for a few minutes - resulted in throbbing for me. I am now in my second week and I am able to sleep how ever (fortunately, as I toss and turn as I sleep).

I get itchy as well.. but that (likely) means we are healing (the other possibility is we have an infection :/). It hasn't become unbearable for me - if I keep myself busy I forget about the itching. Others here have recommended hydrocortisone creams (you can buy over the counter or get a prescription for a higher dose). Hope you find relief soon!

-Steven
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Postby Tovalady » 16 Oct 2016, 20:32

Do you or anyone else know if you can have a fissure without bleeding?
I have a fissure from years ago and still battling with it!
I'm in the middle of a huge flair,I've never had blood with this tho!
My bum feels like I've got something in there.. (TMI) I know.
This is really bothering me .
Anybody got a reply!
Tovalady

Postby Buttpalsteven » 16 Oct 2016, 21:08

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with pain. You can definitely have a fissure with out blood. Everyone describes the feeling differently but if you are feeling pressure down there you should definitely go to a doctor if you can.
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Postby Tovalady » 16 Oct 2016, 21:12

Thanks..Calling first thing in the morning!
Appreciate the reply because there is so little out there on this subject!
When I do find something it always refers to blood,almost as if it's a gimme for fissures,hemorrhoids ect!
Tovalady

Postby Pugluver88 » 21 Dec 2016, 22:36

Baby cream with zinc has been my saviour and always use baby wipes
Pugluver88
Fibre Addict