Will we ever be able to eat properly again??!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Will we ever be able to eat properly again??!!

Postby of all the places to hurt » 07 Aug 2011, 13:03

After another afternoon in front of smelly tele Image It occurred to me that maybe, I won't ever be able to eat properly again? I have just watched a certain famous TV chef, cook a delicious looking 3 course meal and instead of thinking Mmm & (belly rumbles) I thought: Oh No! Couldn't eat all of that if he paid me! How sad!! Are the days of dining out in restaurants gone? Is christmas dinner going to be turkey and movicol and no alcohol ever? Image On the upside, all the weight loss is great :D
Least these drug manufacturers could do for us is make their laxative concoctions taste better!! Right now, I fancy a JD and some nuts ha!! In my dreams Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Will we ever be able to eat properly again??!!

Postby itsapaininas » 07 Aug 2011, 14:15

i would trade food to be pain free...yes this is a good diet! lost 10lbs in last week. why eat if its gonna hurt this bad!
itsapaininas

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2011, 20:03

You will!! It's a gradual process but once a fissure heals you will gradually be able to add old foods back. Just always be sure to make your core diet a fair amount of fiber.
I had LIS 9 months ago and eat like a pig now. I'm actually starting a diet tomorrow. I felt so deprived of food from having my fissure. I'm fatter than I've ever been in my whole life :oops:

Postby itpainsme » 07 Aug 2011, 23:43

Like Dawn said, it is a gradual process. As my pain lessoned and I became almost pain free, I was eating a lot more. I don't know if I will ever eat pumpkin seeds again though. I always make them when the kids carve pumpkins for Halloween, but I am terrified of what they would do to me now. I am still avoiding alcohol and caffeine right now along with seeds and nuts. I just had a fistulotomy a week and a half ago with a skin tag removal and Botox. I am not in pain very much anymore and pretty much eat whatever I want to with the exception of the things mentioned above.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby of all the places to hurt » 08 Aug 2011, 06:43

Well guys, you have given me hope. Your more advanced than me as I am waiting for botox and then LIS. But bet my bottom dollar that I will strive for a happy ending :D Keep up the good work and again thankyou as your comments keep me going
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby StevePain » 08 Aug 2011, 14:38

I eat all the taboo foods that wasn't allowed during my fissure and post-op days, anything goes now including alcohol now and again.... Happy days! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2011, 14:48

Image Image Image

Postby of all the places to hurt » 08 Aug 2011, 15:16

Oh Nice One!! So I will look at this time in my life as getting into shape? And then, parrrrttttttttttteeeeeeeeee
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 09 Aug 2011, 11:19

Actually, I ate everything I should do for the 7 months before LIS - all the water, fibre - a total saint! But the day after surgery, I ate normally again (my surgeon told me to) and had no ill effects whatsoever!
This time I ate high fibre for a few weeks up to the op, but went back onto my low-carb diet a couple of weeks after surgery. Again, no ill effect. And I eat nuts. Lots of!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2011, 12:42

I believe Happy said he ate nuts too Val. You guys must chew well?! I'v also hear people say it depends on the kind of nuts. Image I haven't touched them in a year. I have a phobia w/ nuts Image
I really need to go on a diet though. It's hard for me to loose weight when I have to eat 20 grams of fiber a day and I try to eat three meals because I had such poor eating habits before. I just need to stay away from sugar and that is my weakness Image