Fear of Eating

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fear of Eating

Postby kristiblue » 13 Aug 2011, 07:05

You guys are totally right. The key here is definatley diet. What you put in your mouth is so important. Yesterday all I had was leftover steamed chic w steamed veggies. Thats IT! Well last night we had company and I had a dirty martini,well 2. I was thinking you are soooo gonna pay in the morning. Thinking and reading about alcohol and other "bad things" BUT to my surprise,this was the first a.m. I had NO BLOOD! OMG I'm onto something.lol 2 martinis each evening! j/k maybe its the oilve juice,kinda like a laxative. Plus Miralax is the most wonderful stuff.I have had this A/F prob a month now. The nitro has caused the spasms to cease. THAT part was really getting to me.I will return to work on Tues,see how that goes.Trying to lift my spirits here...I am elated to have a bloodless BM.
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Ink184 » 13 Aug 2011, 09:25

That's wonderful, who knows you might be on your way to healing! Just monitor for the coming few days whether there is blood or not, i don't find blood all the time, i was actually doing great for a couple of days until i had a tiny piece of lamb ribs, i am striking red meat off the menu for now. Alcohol dehydrates you, so you might wanna consider that, but if you do (Hey its bad enough we have to handle the pain, the least we can do is socialize right?) then make sure you drink enough water so you wont have any problems later on.
Stay strong and get well soon gurl!
Ink184
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby kristiblue » 15 Aug 2011, 10:46

Thanks Ink. Yeah I'm not gonna get too excited,I would imagine that tear wont go away overnite. I will deff keep hydrated while "socializing" :)
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4